+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant seeking help

SEEKING_PEACE

Apr 12, 2017
Hello dears,
My wife entered fro the US to Canada (aunt already with a PR in Canada) and and an interview last month and just received a negative acceptance "Applicant not in-need for protection". It could be because I'm working in the Gulf region, and the fact that the judge did not know was that I have a temporary work visa and we as Syrian refugees can not go to Syria "due to civil war" and my job is not secured especially with the fact there had been hundreds of deportation simply due to our nationalities.

Could you please advise of the options my wife has especially and if I can have my 19-year old son convert his asylum status to student (his asylum application was joind with his mother and little brother when they entered from the US).

I appreciate your time, effort and help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your wife wants to remain in Canada, she needs to look into appealing her refugee claim. Details here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/refusals.asp

Your son will almost certainly be refused if he tries to apply for a study permit. To be approved for a study permit, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans to remain in Canada long term. I don't see how this will be possible with a failed refugee claim.

Reactions: SEEKING_PEACE

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
i know one Siryan family whos husband is in Gulf but still they got the acceptance but one thing to ad that her son was US citizen .