+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant Refused need advise

Enny4bj2000

May 6, 2019
Hi please I need advise ,my refugee claim was rejected based on Internal flight option and I submitted my notice of appeal.
I have an admission to study Regional Psychiatric nursing program, which is 2years hybrid program. I work as a care aide presently in BC ,can I get a study permit that will allow me to work for 30hours a week and my husband too can be on my study permit.
And I have a baby here if I can apply for Humanitarian on child basis.
Thank you .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi please I need advise ,my refugee claim was rejected based on Internal flight option and I submitted my notice of appeal.
I have an admission to study Regional Psychiatric nursing program, which is 2years hybrid program. I work as a care aide presently in BC ,can I get a study permit that will allow me to work for 30hours a week and my husband too can be on my study permit.
Thank you .
Think I have seen a study permit issued but it would likely be at international student rate and it is very hard to show ties to your own country and proof that you will return there. Not sure if your status issues will complicate your access into the hybrid program but unsure whether your husband would be granted SOWP. SOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. Children do not guarantee H&C approvals. It becomes obvious that you are trying to find a reason to enable you to stay. You should be discussing your situation with your lawyer and what are your options and whether they are likely to be approved. We know nothing about your case.

Enny4bj2000

May 6, 2019
Thanks for your responds ,I'm currently working as a care aide in a Senior community, my employer is eligible to apply for an LMIA for me ,are my eligible?
And if I get my 2years full time as a caregiver can I apply for the pathway program.
Thank you .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As you are a refuge claimant, it’s highly unlikely they willl issue a work permit based on a LIMA. You’ve already shown your intent is to remain in Canada permanently.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As you are a refuge claimant, it’s highly unlikely they willl issue a work permit based on a LIMA. You’ve already shown your intent is to remain in Canada permanently.
Same issue with the study permit but I do remember one case that was approved. They may not have received the refusal yet. Yet again, we don’t know the basics of your case or even where you are from so it is best to speak to your lawyer about your options based on your case.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you .
Having a new child will not necessarily lead to a successful H&C application.

Reactions: canuck78

Enny4bj2000

May 6, 2019
Same issue with the study permit but I do remember one case that was approved. They may not have received the refusal yet. Yet again, we don’t know the basics of your case or even where you are from so it is best to speak to your lawyer about your options based on your case.
Thank you for your response.
Having a new child will not necessarily lead to a successful H&C application.
Thanks for responding, I will apply for the caregiver pathway as in eligible. Thank you .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will most likely find that you are ineligible for any form of immigration pathway from inside Canada as a failed refugee claimant. The system is designed to deny those people who used a refugee claim as a means to immigrate easy access to remain. Just being in Canada does not afford you any particular rights. You will probably find that you would need to leave Canada in order to apply for these programs. Not sure if your Canadian experience would even count as you were a refugee claimant at the time you acquired it, and had no actual status in Canada.

Enny4bj2000

May 6, 2019
You will most likely find that you are ineligible for any form of immigration pathway from inside Canada as a failed refugee claimant. The system is designed to deny those people who used a refugee claim as a means to immigrate easy access to remain. Just being in Canada does not afford you any particular rights. You will probably find that you would need to leave Canada in order to apply for these programs. Not sure if your Canadian experience would even count as you were a refugee claimant at the time you acquired it, and had no actual status in Canada.
Ok thank you.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Thank you .
i have seen many claimants to get a study permit.give it a try and best of luck