+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant - August 2022

Jul 11, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for my hearing and I’d like to share my timeline and see if anyone is in the same boat.
Arrived June 2022
Applied inland August 2022
Got my WP December 2022
And waiting now for the hearing date. I am not sure how long this should take and how to track/follow up and I get those panic moments every now and then so I wanted to see what are others with a similar timeline are experiencing. Please share whatever details you have.

I applied in Toronto
Country of origin Lebanon
Case based on sexuality (LGBTQIA+)

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for my hearing and I’d like to share my timeline and see if anyone is in the same boat.
Arrived June 2022
Got my WP December 2022
And waiting now for the hearing date. I am not sure how long this should take and how to track/follow up and I get those panic moments every now and then so I wanted to see what are others with a similar timeline are experiencing. Please share whatever details you have.

I applied in Toronto
Hi,
I couldn't give detailed timeline but I submitted my application April 19th, 2022 and I received email January 24th, 2023 that I got approved without hearing. From Turkey/Lgbt case. Almost 9 months 1 week.

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hello everyone,
Arrived June 2022
Got my WP December 2022

I applied in Toronto
Almost similar, I applied in December 2022.
Work Permit: February 2023.
2nd Eligibility Interview: 10th March, 2023.

Till now no updates.

JayCool90

Apr 28, 2023
Hello, What types of questions are asked during the second eligibility interview ? My 2nd eligibility interview is scheduled this Thursday. I applied inland Early June 2023. So far I have done Medicals, Biometrics, Passport seizure and Work Permit today. I have not obtained the brown paper.

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hello, What types of questions are asked during the second eligibility interview ? My 2nd eligibility interview is scheduled this Thursday. I applied inland Early June 2023. So far I have done Medicals, Biometrics, Passport seizure and Work Permit today. I have not obtained the brown paper.
You'll be given the Brown Paper after your 2nd eligibility interview at the IRCC office. It depends on your case. Know your story very well, specifically dates. If they have any questions or doubts they'll ask you about that. For mine I was asked all questions from my story. The officer said she needed some clarification about my previous visa application and refusals, I answered accurately what I put on BOC. She was satisfied and my case referred to IRB. During the interviews they read some official statements and explain them to the applicants. After the interview you'll be given the Brown Paper from a window.

Reactions: JayCool90

JayCool90

Apr 28, 2023
You'll be given the Brown Paper after your 2nd eligibility interview at the IRCC office. It depends on your case. Know your story very well, specifically dates. If they have any questions or doubts they'll ask you about that. For mine I was asked all questions from my story. The officer said she needed some clarification about my previous visa application and refusals, I answered accurately what I put on BOC. She was satisfied and my case referred to IRB. During the interviews they read some official statements and explain them to the applicants. After the interview you'll be given the Brown Paper from a window.
Thank you very much for the prompt response.

I just realized the second letter still mentions to come with: 1. All original ID documents and 2. 4 passport photos.

I already handed my ID cards and 4 passport photos during the first interview. Do I still need to go with 4 passport photos ?

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Thank you very much for the prompt response.

I just realized the second letter still mentions to come with: 1. All original ID documents and 2. 4 passport photos.

I already handed my ID cards and 4 passport photos during the first interview. Do I still need to go with 4 passport photos ?
You do not need photos anymore.

JayCool90

Apr 28, 2023
I finally got my brown paper. I also received my Work permit this week. I applied inland in Montreal, QC. I know I need to apply for Social Insurance Number before I can apply for a job, for those in Quebec, do I still need to apply for the Quebec selection certificate ?

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I finally got my brown paper. I also received my Work permit this week. I applied inland in Montreal, QC. I know I need to apply for Social Insurance Number before I can apply for a job, for those in Quebec, do I still need to apply for the Quebec selection certificate ?
You cannot apply for CSQ until you have received a positive notice of decision from IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OK I see.
Just to make sure, apart from the work permit, what other documents do I need before I can start applying for jobs ? I'm in Montreal,Quebec.
Just SIN#. If receiving any money from the province you must advise them as soon as you are employed/start getting paid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
Arrived June 2022
Got my WP December 2022

I applied in Toronto
It can take up to 2.5 years to get a hearing.