+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant Alberta

imhasheikh

Nov 27, 2022
Hello
I moved my Refugee case from Montreal to Edmonton , and CBSA called me for document submission and after that they told me you will receive a call in 2 weeks and then another call in next 2 weeks for my work permit & Brown id , but its since 3 weeks now No call from there , can anyone guide me what is their experience

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hello
I moved my Refugee case from Montreal to Edmonton , and CBSA called me for document submission and after that they told me you will receive a call in 2 weeks and then another call in next 2 weeks for my work permit & Brown id , but its since 3 weeks now No call from there , can anyone guide me what is their experience
I am currently in Edmonton and have a case similar to yours, I had my interview the first time at the CBSA office three weeks ago, in Edmonton and the second interview on the phone, which took about 30 minutes. My case file was notified as Referred in the refugee protection portal website where I submitted all the forms , and I was told to wait for a pick up package which should arrive in 15 days from Vancouver and should take it at the CBSA office in Edmonton. I am confused and would like to know what kind of document that could be? do you think it could be a work permit or brown paper ? Brown paper is the least thing I could think of as I know it is issued by the CBSA and they print it out right away after your case is referred, they do not depend on any Vancouver office prior to issue a brown paper.

imhasheikh

Nov 27, 2022
i moved my case from material and no idea about Vancouver , but i hope it would be ur Brown paper or Work permit ….
i appeared on 8th Nov and didn't get any call yet after that , do u think i need to send an email for follow-up or wait ? they told me 2 weeks but its 3 weeks completed now

Regards

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hello
Well I appeared on the 8th nov and later on the 10 for a second interview which was bit longer. I think they told you to wait for 15 business days which could take up to 3 weeks. We are both waiting for documents from Vancouver.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hello
Hello , can you tell me if you have been called by CBSA, since we are both in similar situation. Thx

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Nothing sir , waiting for phone call from them since my 1st visit on 8th Nov
I called the CBSA office agent in Edmonton who is in charge of my file, she told me she already has all the documents from Vancouver I can go to take them on Friday 09.

imhasheikh

Nov 27, 2022
i just went one time and submit the documents , they told me u will get 2 more calls in few days and this all process will complete in 30 days , buts its almost 30 days i didnt get any call

can u please guide me what number you called ? i dont have any contact number

will be grateful

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
i just went one time and submit the documents , they told me u will get 2 more calls in few days and this all process will complete in 30 days , buts its almost 30 days i didnt get any call

can u please guide me what number you called ? i dont have any contact number

will be grateful
Did you need tell them you need an interpreter or a lawyer? I remember when I went on my first interview on November 08, I was told to wait for an other interview in two weeks but after 2 days I received an email saying that I have an interview for my refugee application but in case I need a lawyer they have to reschedule that, and some minutes later they called me and I spent about 30 minutes answering to a whole bunch of questions as if it was a hearing. At the end I received a notification that my claim was referred to the IRB and I had to wait for a couple of weeks to get my documents at the CBSA, unfortunately it’s been almost 3 weeks and half. I think you need to wait till next week I’m sure you will be called. In case you are not called just find on either Facebook or Instagram under the name «HERVE TSHIMPANG » and I will tell you what to do.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Did you need tell them you need an interpreter or a lawyer? I remember when I went on my first interview on November 08, I was told to wait for an other interview in two weeks but after 2 days I received an email saying that I have an interview for my refugee application but in case I need a lawyer they have to reschedule that, and some minutes later they called me and I spent about 30 minutes answering to a whole bunch of questions as if it was a hearing. At the end I received a notification that my claim was referred to the IRB and I had to wait for a couple of weeks to get my documents at the CBSA, unfortunately it’s been almost 3 weeks and half. I think you need to wait till next week I’m sure you will be called. In case you are not called just find on either Facebook or Instagram under the name «HERVE TSHIMPANG » and I will tell you what to do.
Hello
Did they really tell you that they would call you to get a work permit or it was just to get brown paper ?

imhasheikh

Nov 27, 2022
Dear , i told them i need interpreter only , they told me same thing u will get 2 more calls and then u can get ur brown id & work permit , can i find u on fb today ?

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
i moved my case from material and no idea about Vancouver , but i hope it would be ur Brown paper or Work permit ….
i appeared on 8th Nov and didn't get any call yet after that , do u think i need to send an email for follow-up or wait ? they told me 2 weeks but its 3 weeks completed now

Regards
Have you already received your work permit ?