+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUGEE CLAIM REJECTED

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
It can be tough. My claim was also rejected all the way to Judicial Review. Do your level best turn your case around for the appeal...you need a good lawyer who can work with you hand in hand. Be optimistic and prepare yourself. I think you can work during appeal process( you have to apply) I had to OWP! And you'll have to wait one year bar for HCG after rejection.
I am in this suitation right now but I am waiting to hear from federal court. I am so scared. I pray and hope it goes in my favour but What are my options if it goes the other way round ... do I have to leave immediately?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Always appeal the case if you have the right to. And if it didn't work out you can apply for humanitarian right away if you are sick or if you have kids with you in Canada. Otherwise you will have to wait one year.
My refugee claim was reject too, i won my appeal case. Stay positive.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Always appeal the case if you have the right to. And if it didn't work out you can apply for humanitarian right away if you are sick or if you have kids with you in Canada. Otherwise you will have to wait one year.
Congratulations! your timeline, please?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 2, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 1, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I am still waiting for my PR

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 2, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 1, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I am still waiting for my PR
no asking about your timeline of like refugee claimant when you applied when hearing etc

Reactions: Tamiou

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
no asking about your timeline of like refugee claimant when you applied when hearing etc
I apply August 2017. I got my hearing on February 2018. Received a reject letter on March 2018. Appeal the case the next month and got approval letter March 2019 ( 11 months after).
It was a stressful journey.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
My appeal was also denied now I am in Federal court and awaiting response. I don’t have kids and I am not sick.

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou

Meenah94

Jan 20, 2019
UPDATE!!!

Hi everyone,my appeal was accepted on the 30th of April 2021 and notice of decision was faxed to my lawyer on the 3rd of May 2021.My lawyer called me to let me know on the same day.I’ll leave a timeline of the process below as it may be of help to anyone going through the appeal process.

Dec 13 2017-Arrival to Canada.

March 10 2020-Hearing.

July 17 2020-Received a negative decision.
July 29 2020-Filled Appeal.

April 30 2021-Appeal Allowed/Accepted.

May 3 2021-Notified by lawyer.

I pray everyone receive their good news.

Reactions: Unicornicaaa

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
UPDATE!!!

Hi everyone,my appeal was accepted on the 30th of April 2021 and notice of decision was faxed to my lawyer on the 3rd of May 2021.My lawyer called me to let me know on the same day.I’ll leave a timeline of the process below as it may be of help to anyone going through the appeal process.

March 10 2020-Hearing.

Congratulation , Hope you get your PR soon as well.

Reactions: Meenah94

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
UPDATE!!!

March 10 2020-Hearing.

Congratulations happy for you Good Luck...

Reactions: Meenah94

mrs waseem

Star Member
Dec 13, 2009
It can be tough. My claim was also rejected all the way to Judicial Review. Do your level best turn your case around for the appeal...you need a good lawyer who can work with you hand in hand. Be optimistic and prepare yourself. I think you can work during appeal process( you have to apply) I had to OWP! And you'll have to wait one year bar for HCG after rejection.
I have same situation now my appeal is in federal court for judicial review. Do pray for me