+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claim June 2020 (Venezuelan)

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
I applied for asylum inside Canada in June 2020 as well ( sent my application by Email ). Later on, I received a document called "acknowledgment of claim and notice to return for interview" without determining the date for an interview. I have done the medical exam. Until today I have not been called for the eligibility interview and did not receive my Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD). They did not request my passport nor called me for biometrics as well.

Did they send you an Email/mail for the passport and biometrics or call you as I received a lot of calls from scammers and now do not answer any strange numbers)?
Hi Bella. Where did you apply from

Nohomeboy

Jan 30, 2021
Hello friends,

I want to know if anyone has apply for refugee this year. What are your timelines and experiences. I have some questions and I hope I find someone with similar case as mine. This is what I have received so far from IRCC:

-Made claim June 2020 by email (I sent forms and proofs as well).Two days after, I’ve received my “ Acknowledgment Of Claim and Notice for return for interview “ letter.

- August I received a letter for corrections ( I made a mistake in on form). After sending the form again two days later received my instructions for medical exams. ( I did medicals in August 28th,2020).

- A week ago (October 5th, 2020) I sent a message to IRCC by e-post to change my address and ask about my work permit and 2 days after I received a reply telling me “ At this time I am unable to provide you with a time estimate for when you will have your eligibility interview or issuance of your work permit. In the next few weeks you will be given an appointment to an IRCC Office for fingerprinting and to submit your passport and other identification documents”.

I am a little confused as I cannot find somoone herr with similar situation. If someone can tell me what does this means.I would appreciate so much!

I’m from Venezuela btw.
Hi chamo, I am gocho

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
I applied for asylum inside Canada in June 2020 as well ( sent my application by Email ). Later on, I received a document called "acknowledgment of claim and notice to return for interview" without determining the date for an interview. I have done the medical exam. Until today I have not been called for the eligibility interview and did not receive my Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD). They did not request my passport nor called me for biometrics as well.

Did they send you an Email/mail for the passport and biometrics or call you as I received a lot of calls from scammers and now do not answer any strange numbers)?
Hi :) Yes I received request of passport in November , 2020.