+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claim June 2020 (Venezuelan)

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello friends,

I want to know if anyone has apply for refugee this year. What are your timelines and experiences. I have some questions and I hope I find someone with similar case as mine. This is what I have received so far from IRCC:

-Made claim June 2020 by email (I sent forms and proofs as well).Two days after, I’ve received my “ Acknowledgment Of Claim and Notice for return for interview “ letter.

- August I received a letter for corrections ( I made a mistake in on form). After sending the form again two days later received my instructions for medical exams. ( I did medicals in August 28th,2020).

- A week ago (October 5th, 2020) I sent a message to IRCC by e-post to change my address and ask about my work permit and 2 days after I received a reply telling me “ At this time I am unable to provide you with a time estimate for when you will have your eligibility interview or issuance of your work permit. In the next few weeks you will be given an appointment to an IRCC Office for fingerprinting and to submit your passport and other identification documents”.

I am a little confused as I cannot find somoone herr with similar situation. If someone can tell me what does this means.I would appreciate so much!

I’m from Venezuela btw.

Reactions: Nohomeboy

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I will say lucky you are in this situation applied in may receive AOC and then nothing the last month-end received epost for submitting documents and then they will send letter for medical however your medical is done already .. so i think it will take some more time to receive WP

Reactions: Kam_jr

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
I will say lucky you are in this situation applied in may receive AOC and then nothing the last month-end received epost for submitting documents and then they will send letter for medical however your medical is done already .. so i think it will take some more time to receive WP
sorry, why you say I’m lucky? I was trying to find someone with similar situation but nothing that’s why I am worried.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry, why you say I’m lucky? I was trying to find someone with similar situation but nothing that’s why I am worried.
You received medical and AOR quite quickly.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
You received medical and AOR quite quickly.
I see, thank you for your reply. Do you have ant idea about the email they sent me few days ago? Because I read people talking about finger prints and submitting documents but are people who are approved and doing their PR application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
after applying to refugee or asylum, when we get health card, any idea please?
It is an extremely bad idea for your parents to file an asylum claim just because they don‘t get selected for PGP. If they have been coming back and forth from their home country it does not sound like they are being persecuted and their life is in danger. If they are denied asylum or even if they withdraw the application it can have long lasting impacts. It can impact their ability to visit Canada or many other countries especially the 5 Eyes. It is also a waste of resources and an abuse of the asylum system.

Reactions: newMember110

newMember110

Oct 15, 2020
It is an extremely bad idea for your parents to file an asylum claim just because they don‘t get selected for PGP. If they have been coming back and forth from their home country it does not sound like they are being persecuted and their life is in danger. If they are denied asylum or even if they withdraw the application it can have long lasting impacts. It can impact their ability to visit Canada or many other countries especially the 5 Eyes. It is also a waste of resources and an abuse of the asylum system.

Agreed!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then why are you asking? You have been asking about all the ways you can get your parents PR if you don’t get selected for PGP. There isn’t a way to easily secure PR for parents and grandparents if they don’t get selected for PGP because Canada can’t absorb all the parents and grandparents of the PRs and citizens due to our ageing population and limited resources like healthcare.

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
I see, thank you for your reply. Do you have ant idea about the email they sent me few days ago? Because I read people talking about finger prints and submitting documents but are people who are approved and doing their PR application.
Hi
Have you had any communication about your interview. I am also waiting for that process too

Reactions: Kam_jr

vagonbrei

Oct 27, 2020
IRCC has created online refugee claims due to COVID19. If you claimed at the port of entry upon your arrival, it would be processed quicker. IRCC will contact you with an appointment to go in and give all your documents. COVID19 messed a lot up. My friend was waiting 5 months without an eligibility and the refugee protection claimant document.

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi
Have you had any communication about your interview. I am also waiting for that process too
Hi Sorry for the late reply! On Oct 28 they sent me a Notice For Return Of Interview for today Nov 5. They just ask for my passports and IDs from my country and also did biometrics. That’s all!! I asked about the work permit and the person who help me told me the following “I can’t tell you how long will take but you need to wait for your eligibility interview and if you are eligible we will send it to you after 2 weeks” .

Btw they just asked me for passports and biometrics because I sent them the forms and everything online.
how about you! Any news? How is your process so far?

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Sorry for the late reply! On Oct 28 they sent me a Notice For Return Of Interview for today Nov 5. They just ask for my passports and IDs from my country and also did biometrics. That’s all!! I asked about the work permit and the person who help me told me the following “I can’t tell you how long will take but you need to wait for your eligibility interview and if you are eligible we will send it to you after 2 weeks” .

Btw they just asked me for passports and biometrics because I sent them the forms and everything online.
how about you! Any news? How is your process so far?
I'm still waiting for the interview. I submitted my claim in June as well. I've done my medicals Just waiting for the eligibility interview

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
I'm still waiting for the interview. I submitted my claim in June as well. I've done my medicals Just waiting for the eligibility interview
I see, so we have similar timeline. Did they request your passports and biometrics yet?

i have to wait now for my eligibility interview :(