+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claim decision not received after 5 months of hearing!

Nina Dang

Jun 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
My hearing was almost 5 months ago and I have not received the decision yet. I already know the decision is positive because the board member read the decision at the end of the hearing, but I have not received the acceptance letter in the mail and it is taking that long. Any similar cases? Thanks!

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
Hi there,

I suggest you call the court (IRB). I remember after my hearing and before I received my NOD I called them by phone to ask, and the lady told me it was sent to you yesterday, in your case they might look why is it not yet sent, or it could be sent to a wrong address.
Make sure you have your UCI number to give it to them when you call.

Best wishes.

Nina Dang

Jun 10, 2017
Hi there,

I suggest you call the court (IRB). I remember after my hearing and before I received my NOD I called them by phone to ask, and the lady told me it was sent to you yesterday, in your case they might look why is it not yet sent, or it could be sent to a wrong address.
Make sure you have your UCI number to give it to them when you call.

Best wishes.
Thanks Maktabi for your response. How long did it take you to receive the NOD? I mean the period between your hearing and receiving NOD.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello everyone,
My hearing was almost 5 months ago and I have not received the decision yet. I already know the decision is positive because the board member read the decision at the end of the hearing, but I have not received the acceptance letter in the mail and it is taking that long. Any similar cases? Thanks!

What is the update regarding your decision? did you call IRB ?

Nina Dang

Jun 10, 2017
Yes I did, they keep telling me to wait because the are busy with the high number of refugee cases. Are you in the same boat?

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
I learnt a copy of the hearing audio will be translated and given to the claimant if decision is positive. But if decision is negative can the decision letter also take over a month to be sent too?