+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee citizen reavailement _ i returned to my country

lavocado917

Feb 20, 2024
hello i am a former asylum applicant. i turned citizen sincr 2 years . and since then i return to my country every year for almost 3 months .
lately i’ve been reading this forum and some people are mentioning that it is not allowed to do so .
i visit my relatives and need to take care of them.
note that i feel safe in my country holding the canadian citizenship. as a dual citizens we have a lot of privileges as my country has good relations with canada . and i never went back before turning citizen
now j am worried to go back . some guys say they will out me aside
should i just move to another country ? any advises are appreciated
regards

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
hello i am a former asylum applicant. i turned citizen sincr 2 years . and since then i return to my country every year for almost 3 months .
lately i’ve been reading this forum and some people are mentioning that it is not allowed to do so .
i visit my relatives and need to take care of them.
note that i feel safe in my country holding the canadian citizenship. as a dual citizens we have a lot of privileges as my country has good relations with canada . and i never went back before turning citizen
now j am worried to go back . some guys say they will out me aside
should i just move to another country ? any advises are appreciated
regards
my understanding is that the canadian government will not explore re-availment of your status as a canadian citizen, and the issue would be if you went back to your home country as a refugee claimant or a permanent resident.

Reactions: lavocado917
Jan 7, 2024
my understanding is that the canadian government will not explore re-availment of your status as a canadian citizen, and the issue would be if you went back to your home country as a refugee claimant or a permanent resident.
thank you for enlightening me regarding this . although i thought the same and my claim is 100% genuine . actually i’ve never been able to come back during refugee and pr but as you mentioned things change after a couple of years and situations are likely to change . my visit reason is mostly to see my elderly parents which is pretty normal . imagin after 8 years you haven’t seen them .
my inquiry was triggered by sole comments in this forum who say that some get pulled aside at airport and . this got me confused as well .
thanks again for your insight

Reactions: ref19to22

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
thank you for enlightening me regarding this . although i thought the same and my claim is 100% genuine . actually i’ve never been able to come back during refugee and pr but as you mentioned things change after a couple of years and situations are likely to change . my visit reason is mostly to see my elderly parents which is pretty normal . imagin after 8 years you haven’t seen them .
my inquiry was triggered by sole comments in this forum who say that some get pulled aside at airport and . this got me confused as well .
thanks again for your insight
You ceased to become Conventional Refugee after acquiring Canadian Citizenship

Reactions: ref19to22