+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case

Farhan5

Dec 9, 2019
Me my wife and a son applied a refugee claim in November 2018 . Its was rejected in March 2019 . Then we applied an appeal in RAD in April 2019 . Now they approved my wife's claim and denied my and my son's claim.please help me for next step which I can I take.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Wait till she gets her pr and then sponsor u and son . U probably need to go back to your country, btw , why was yr and yr sons claim rejected

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wait till she gets her pr and then sponsor u and son . U probably need to go back to your country, btw , why was yr and yr sons claim rejected
This will mean you and your son will not have access to medical care and other services. Anticipate around 2 years until you and your son will get PR until then you will remain without status in Canada and can be deported.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And how about when my wife she submit her
PR application and put our names as her dependents. This will not work.
That is what I am recommending. She would have to get PR first and then you would go through the approval process with your son. It would take around 2 years. Your wife would have status as a protected person during this process you and your son would not.

Farhan5

Dec 9, 2019
And how can a 3 years old kid stay away from here mother and I can't go back to my home country bcoz of threats

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
And how can a 3 years old kid stay away from here mother and I can't go back to my home country bcoz of threats
Have you spoken to your attorney? if yes what was his advise?

Why did't they give you and your son?

All the best

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So she can not fill my name in her PR application as spouse for now
She can put both you and your child as dependents on the application but you and your child will not have status until you get PR. Your wife will be able to remain in Canada with status as a protected person. You can certainly try to remain without status in Canada for 2 years but you won’t qualify for another work permit once yours ends and you and your son won’t have access to healthcare and other services when you don’t have status. You should speak to your lawyer.

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1