+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

Jazz14

Nov 21, 2023
Any body submitted BOC after the mid of Aug 2023 would like to share his/her experience and timeline.

Hope661

Nov 15, 2023
BOC submitted: Sep 15, 2023
Medical: Sep 18, 2023
Medical passed: Sep 26, 2023
NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW: October 17, 2023
Interview and passport seized: October 24, 2023
Work permit: October 24, 2023
File referred to IRB: October 24, 2023

Edmonton

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
BOC submitted: Sep 15, 2023
Medical: Sep 18, 2023
Medical passed: Sep 26, 2023
NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW: October 17, 2023
Interview and passport seized: October 24, 2023
Work permit: October 24, 2023
File referred to IRB: October 24, 2023

Edmonton
Please I just want to be sure, for NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW, I'm supposed to get a notication in my mail to check the portal, right? Because I haven't gotten anything since medical passed in October and I submitted BOC on the 4th of October.

Usman A

Jul 8, 2023
Your location please?
Please I just want to be sure, for NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW, I'm supposed to get a notication in my mail to check the portal, right? Because I haven't gotten anything since medical passed in October and I submitted BOC on the 4th of October.

Jazz14

Nov 21, 2023
Yes right, your case office is in Toronto?

Unionville

Jul 13, 2023
Hello guys,

After second interview I received a file named RPD checklist. And I cant understand the last sentence of the text. I added SS of that sentence. Does anyone know that what does it mean?

Reactions: md.ali22

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi guys,
I wish all of you are doing well.

I want to share my timeline.

I arrived in Montreal on June 12, 2023.
I submitted my BOC on June 15, 2023.
When I filled out the application, I had already stated that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.

However, when the interview was scheduled on June 22, 2023, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
So, I sent a message via the IRCC webform to inform them that I had already stated in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.
I had already moved to Edmonton and provided them with my Edmonton address.

On July 7, 2023, I received a second interview call, and once again, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
I assumed they insisted that I go to the Montreal office for the interview.
I was afraid that if I didn't appear after they had called me for the second time, they would terminate my claim, so I decided to go to Montreal.

I went to Montreal on July 13, 2023, for biometrics and passport seizure, but there was no interview.

When the officer checked my file, he was a little shocked and asked if I came from Edmonton. I said yes.
That leads me to my question: why was I still asked to go to Montreal for an interview despite already stating in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton?

He checked his computer again and said, "Yes, in the system, you have already moved to Edmonton." He asked me if the address was correct.
So, I assumed they never checked the message I sent via the webform.

He then said that he would transfer my case to British Columbia because it is the nearest office to Edmonton.

I underwent a medical examination on September 11, 2023.
The medical passed on October 11, 2023.

Until now, my application is still stuck on background checking and I have not received my WP yet.

Do I need to call the IRCC office? Any suggestions from you guys? I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Jazz14

Nov 21, 2023
Hi guys,
I wish all of you are doing well.

I want to share my timeline.

I arrived in Montreal on June 12, 2023.
I submitted my BOC on June 15, 2023.
When I filled out the application, I had already stated that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.

However, when the interview was scheduled on June 22, 2023, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
So, I sent a message via the IRCC webform to inform them that I had already stated in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.
I had already moved to Edmonton and provided them with my Edmonton address.

On July 7, 2023, I received a second interview call, and once again, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
I assumed they insisted that I go to the Montreal office for the interview.
I was afraid that if I didn't appear after they had called me for the second time, they would terminate my claim, so I decided to go to Montreal.

I went to Montreal on July 13, 2023, for biometrics and passport seizure, but there was no interview.

When the officer checked my file, he was a little shocked and asked if I came from Edmonton. I said yes.
That leads me to my question: why was I still asked to go to Montreal for an interview despite already stating in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton?

He checked his computer again and said, "Yes, in the system, you have already moved to Edmonton." He asked me if the address was correct.
So, I assumed they never checked the message I sent via the webform.

He then said that he would transfer my case to British Columbia because it is the nearest office to Edmonton.

I underwent a medical examination on September 11, 2023.
The medical passed on October 11, 2023.

Until now, my application is still stuck on background checking.

Do I need to call the IRCC office? Any suggestions from you guys? I really appreciate it.

Thank you.
You can try call them but still not sure the agent will help you out. Did you get your WP?