+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee application withdraw before an interview

Ali tag

Nov 1, 2021
Hi,

I came to Canada as a visitor and then I submitted my refugee application about two month ago. I passed the medical test and waitingfor first interview which is fingerprint.
how can I withdraw my application at this step? And what will be the consequences?
can I apply for a visitor visa in future?

please help if you have the answers.
thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I came to Canada as a visitor and then I submitted my refugee application about two month ago. I passed the medical test and waitingfor first interview which is fingerprint.
how can I withdraw my application at this step? And what will be the consequences?
can I apply for a visitor visa in future?

please help if you have the answers.
thanks
If you withdraw there will be an issues with all your future temporary residence applications. For economic stream, yes there is possibility. What possible reason for withdraw if you dont mind....

Ali tag

Nov 1, 2021
If you withdraw there will be an issues with all your future temporary residence applications. For economic stream, yes there is possibility. What possible reason for withdraw if you dont mind....
Thanks for you answer. It is a family reason. Nothing special

Reactions: Prabhie

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Our lawyer didn’t have experience with withdrawing so we may consult another lawyer but just thought I’d check here as well. Timeline for the 1-485 - Filed/Received by USCIS: October 7, 2019 Biometrics: November 2019 RFIE: November 2019 EAD Card via I-485 Received: March 2020 We relocated and changed field offices in July 2020 Interview: January 4, 2021 Green Nox Vidmate VLC Card was approved and shipped this week.