+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee and his spouse

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
I claimed refugees in July 2019.I got married in Toronto on January 12, 2020.My wife came here with a sx-1 visa. As you know, this is a short stay visa, but it is a type of visa with multiple entry and exit. My court date is said to be April 28.How can my spouse stays here with me? What are the steps I need to follow or the documents I need to send.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I claimed refugees in July 2019.I got married in Toronto on January 12, 2020.My wife came here with a sx-1 visa. As you know, this is a short stay visa, but it is a type of visa with multiple entry and exit. My court date is said to be April 28.How can my spouse stays here with me? What are the steps I need to follow or the documents I need to send.
Did she study?

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
yes she dıd.when she was studying here,we got married and she is living with me. but ı dont wanna send her back. but ı dont know what will happen

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
she came to here december 11 2019. she started to school 06 january 2020 and she finished her study 14 february 2020. and her status will expire june 11,after six months she entered to canada. but she has also valid sx-1 visa until 2029.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she came to here december 11 2019. she started to school 06 january 2020 and she finished her study 14 february 2020. and her status will expire june 11,after six months she entered to canada. but she has also valid sx-1 visa until 2029.
She essentially took a 6 week course. Your wife can try to change her status to visitor status but there is no guarantee she can remain until you get PR. If she was able to get a SX1 she must not be from a country where there is a high volume of asylum seekers. Would focus on your asylum hearing first to see if you get a
proved.

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
She essentially took a 6 week course. Your wife can try to change her status to visitor status but there is no guarantee she can remain until you get PR. If she was able to get a SX1 she must not be from a country where there is a high volume of asylum seekers. Would focus on your asylum hearing first to see if you get a
proved.
I am little confused, should she try to change her visa type or only should she try to extend her statu in canada?
My court date is 1 month before her status expires. My lawyer will add my wife as a dependent spouse before the court date. After this date, if I pass the court, I will be a protected person and I can apply for PR with my wife. But if my wife has to leave Canada, we do not know how to apply together. Can we get accepted if we apply for visa extension? Because I'm still a claimant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am little confused, should she try to change her visa type or only should she try to extend her statu in canada?
My court date is 1 month before her status expires. My lawyer will add my wife as a dependent spouse before the court date. After this date, if I pass the court, I will be a protected person and I can apply for PR with my wife. But if my wife has to leave Canada, we do not know how to apply together. Can we get accepted if we apply for visa extension? Because I'm still a claimant.
She doesn't need to do anything right now. Her visitor status is valid until June. In May, she can apply for an extension. However, as she came here for a short course that finished in February, there is a higher chance of an extension being refused.

Even if she leaves, she will still be included in your PR app.

Reactions: canuck78

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
She doesn't need to do anything right now. Her visitor status is valid until June. In May, she can apply for an extension. However, as she came here for a short course that finished in February, there is a higher chance of an extension being refused.

Even if she leaves, she will still be included in your PR app.
Thanks for your help.
Do we need to change the visa type before applying for an extension in May? So should she turn from student to visitor visa? We also plan to show why I am here as a reason for visa extension. Would this be the right way? Can't we get accepted this way?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your help.
Do we need to change the visa type before applying for an extension in May? So should she turn from student to visitor visa? We also plan to show why I am here as a reason for visa extension. Would this be the right way? Can't we get accepted this way?
You can't change a TRV type.

You can certainly try but as I said, no guarantee.

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
You can't change a TRV type.

You can certainly try but as I said, no guarantee.
I see. You gave me useful information. Thank you.
So, if my wife goes to her country for 1 month and wants to re-enter Canada, will she have a problem at the border even though I passed the court? Because I want to apply for PR and wait for PR here next to me. How should I proceed for this? Please give me some advice. How do we complete this process without leaving my wife for a long time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I see. You gave me useful information. Thank you.
So, if my wife goes to her country for 1 month and wants to re-enter Canada, will she have a problem at the border even though I passed the court? Because I want to apply for PR and wait for PR here next to me. How should I proceed for this? Please give me some advice. How do we complete this process without leaving my wife for a long time.
It is more of a risk for her to leave and try to re-enter. She should stay and try to extend her status.

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
It is more of a risk for her to leave and try to re-enter. She should stay and try to extend her status.
I understand. Well, if she fails for extention application and go back to her country, how will the PR process be? Will she wait for PR in her country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I understand. Well, if she fails for extention application and go back to her country, how will the PR process be? Will she wait for PR in her country?
If her extension is refused, she could try for Restoration. If that is refused, she must leave. Trying to return to Canada after that would have a high likelihood of refusal, so she should remain in her country until the PR app is processed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife only got the visa because you weren’t married. Had you been married already she would have not received the visa.