+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Referral letters for work experience.

WowOmgSuchVisa

Dec 12, 2016
Good afternoon forum,

Here's what I got as letters from my previous employers. Do you think these would work?

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that XXXX XXXXX, a XXXXX National born on XXXXXXXXX, has been working Full time (40 hours per week) at XXXXXX on the post of Software Developer from XXX XXX 20XX to XXX XXX 20XX. During his service, he had been carrying out the following duties:
Writing and testing software code on behalf of XXXXX and its clients
Development of the XXXXXXXXX application
Modifying and implementation of software code on the XXXXXXX server software
Design and development of the XXXXXX software application
Implementation of XXXXXX cloud backend software
He was compensated with a monthly salary of XXXXXX Foreign Currency during his employment.

Best regards
XXXXXXX
Managing Director

XXXX XXXXX 2016

Dear Mr/Ms,

I am writing to confirm that XXXXXXXXX, born XXXXXXX, was employed as a software developer for XXXXXX Company. His duties and responsibilities were as follows:

• Writing, testing and implementing software code for XXXXXX Platform
• Design and development of XXXXX iPhone and Android Applications
• Design and coding of the XXXXX company web-site
• Development of other software solutions on behalf of XXXXXXX Ltd as required

I was serving as Managing Director for the company at the time of his employment and I was his immediate superior. He was employed part-time at XXXX, XXXXX and worked remotely with the XXXXX, XXXXXX head office. He was employed between the dates of XXX to XXX. His work hours were 25 hours per week on average and he was compensated with an annual salary of XXXXXX Foreign Currency for his services.

Best regards,
XXXXXXX
XXXXXX XXXXX, 2016

To whom it may concern;

This is to certify that XXXXXX is an employee of XXXXXX XXXXXX starting XXXXXXX 2016. He is permanently employed as Senior Software Developer and his employment continues at the time of this writing.

His duties and responsibilities include;
Design, development, test and implementation of software solutions on behalf of XXXXXXX and its clients.
Development of XXXXXXX mobile application on Android platform
Development and implementation of Java-based XXXXXX service application platform and XXXXXXX user interface software at XXXXXXXX Company

He is employed on a Full-Time basis working 40 hours per week. His salary is XXXXX Foreign Currencies per month, plus performance bonuses and vacation allowance where applicable.

Sincerely yours,

XXXXXXX
Managing Partner

WowOmgSuchVisa

Dec 12, 2016
The second letter is what I'm stuck about, since (1) not 40 hours a week (2) remote job (3) company went bankrupt since.

They were able to give me this on official letterhead but I'm not sure if I should use it or otherwise.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Looks good!

FYI "sincerely yours" is almost a term of endearment you would say to your husband or very close friend, the correct way us "Yours sincerely". Tbh it doesn't matter.

WowOmgSuchVisa

Dec 12, 2016
Wow, thanks for such a quick answer. What kind of verification is ran on these letters? I'm asking because the company from which I got the second letter went bankrupt but I knew the management personally so I was still able to get this printed and signed on official letterhead, yet if someone were to call the second company, it's entirely possible that they'll reach a dry cleaners or a real estate office.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
WowOmgSuchVisa said:
Wow, thanks for such a quick answer. What kind of verification is ran on these letters? I'm asking because the company from which I got the second letter went bankrupt but I knew the management personally so I was still able to get this printed and signed on official letterhead, yet if someone were to call the second company, it's entirely possible that they'll reach a dry cleaners or a real estate office.
If the officer thinks the letter is enough evidence,they won't call. It looks like there's a lot of duties listed and if you say it's on letterhead that's good. However they will likely at least Google the company. So, it might be best to write an LOE stating the company went bankrupt, then provide any tax/payslip/anything that was printed during the time you worked there. In the UK there is a public record you can access showing all companies and their current status, do you have anything that shows when the company went bankrupt?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WowOmgSuchVisa said:
Make sure you also include your managers contact info then so they can get a hold of him and a LOE just like kryt0n said

Your username cracks me up :p

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
Make sure you also include your managers contact info then so they can get a hold of him and a LOE just like kryt0n said

Your username cracks me up :p

Ha! Just noticed!

Obas Efe

Jun 22, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Good morning forum,

I have obtained a reference letter on company letter headed paper from my previous employers. The letter is OK but I am concerned about 2 things:

1) The company doesn't show up on any Google search (it is an hr consultant )
2) I do not have a business card from the manager that issued it to me.

I have some payslips, some old contract letters from the company as well as proof of salaries payment and payoff into my account
I am also considering notarizing the reference letter.

Please, any advice on what to do will be highly welcomed