+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letters

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
Do we need to provide reference letters from all past employers? For example, I have worked for many employers under different NOC codes:

First Job - NOC Code 2281 - 2 year 8 months
Second Job - NOC Code 2281 - 6 months
Third Job - NOC Code 2281 - 1 year 10 months
Fourth Job/Current Job - NOC Code 2171 - 2 years and counting

I am applying under NOC code 2281. Do I need to provide reference letter for my current job as well, which falls under NOC code 2171?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
The maximum points are given to work experience of 3 yrs. So to answer your question, you don't need to show reference letter for the job which falls under NOC code 2171.

In fact, you can do away with the reference letter for your third job too...as your first and second job combined add up to 3+ yrs.

While creating your profile, in the work experience section enter only the jobs you wish to claim points for. You don't need to enter all your work experience. Post ITA, you can mention in rest of your experience in the personal history section.

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
Hey, thank you for your reply. One more query:

What if I skip the exp of current job (falls under 2171) and also skip my second job considering short duration of 6 months only. Can I go with creating EE profile only with exp of First and third job only?

Would this approach have any issues?

In this case there would be 6 months gap between first and third job. Would that be fine?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hey, thank you for your reply. One more query:

What if I skip the exp of current job (falls under 2171) and also skip my second job considering short duration of 6 months only. Can I go with creating EE profile only with exp of First and third job only?

Would this approach have any issues?

In this case there would be 6 months gap between first and third job. Would that be fine?

Yes this approach if fine too, there won't be any issues. Gaps don't matter. In total your work experience should add up to 3 or more yrs if that's what you wish to claim points for.

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
Yes this approach if fine too, there won't be any issues. Gaps don't matter. In total your work experience should add up to 3 or more yrs if that's what you wish to claim points for.
Okay. But still n personal history section I have to claim my all exp. Don't you think IRCC raise question that why I did not add this exp earlier in work history section at the time of EE profile creation. Moreover, there would be mismatch of work exp mentioned in Work History section and personal history section.

I am confused :( Could you please clarify in depth or with some evidence that what there won't be issue in this approach? Sorry, if I am extending this question...

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
The work experience section is strictly meant for listing experience that you wish to claim "points" for. You could be sitting on 8 yrs of experience but might want to claim points just for 1 year. And that decision is upto you...it's not compulsory to claim points for all the experience.

Personal history on the other hand is to declare all your activities in the past 10 years. Here you get a chance to disclose all work experience, education ..including gaps of unemployment or any other activities. Personal history section and work experience section don't need to match. And you don't need to provide any documents for what you mention in personal history.

I had 5 yrs of of total experience and I only mentioned 1 yr in work experience section, as my crs score was high enough to make the cut off. I dint need to claim points for 3 or more yrs. I put the rest in personal history and thus it saved me from having to collect documents from all the employers. This also reduced work for the officers as they had to verify fewer documents.

Try and omit documents that are unnecessary as it reduces the verifications that have to be undertaken by the officer. Provide only absolutely relevant and necessary documents.

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
The work experience section is strictly meant for listing experience that you wish to claim "points" for. You could be sitting on 8 yrs of experience but might want to claim points just for 1 year. And that decision is upto you...it's not compulsory to claim points for all the experience.

Personal history on the other hand is to declare all your activities in the past 10 years. Here you get a chance to disclose all work experience, education ..including gaps of unemployment or any other activities. Personal history section and work experience section don't need to match. And you don't need to provide any documents for what you mention in personal history.

I had 5 yrs of of total experience and I only mentioned 1 yr in work experience section, as my crs score was high enough to make the cut off. I dint need to claim points for 3 or more yrs. I put the rest in personal history and thus it saved me from having to collect documents from all the employers. This also reduced work for the officers as they had to verify fewer documents.

Try and omit documents that are unnecessary as it reduces the verifications that have to be undertaken by the officer. Provide only absolutely relevant and necessary documents.
Thank you for detailed clarification. One more similar question but this is related for education. My education is as below:

12th/Senior Secondary - 2007
Computer Hardware and Networking Trade Certificate - 2007-2009 - Part time - Not going to be evaluated by WES.
BSc IT/ Graduation/ - 2008-2011 - Part Time -have ECA report
MCA - Post Graduation - 2011 - 2013 - Part Time -Have ECA report

In above scenario, shall I show my trade certificate also in Education History of EE profile? Or just show my graduation and post graduation only, as I am going to get points only for education which are evaluated by WES.

In addition to it, I had completed my studies of trade certificate in 2007-2009. Which does not even come under 10 years of personal history. Do I need to show it into EE profile or in personal history or both?

Would be grateful, if you can clear my this doubt too?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
In education you will only list your BSC and MCA.

In personal history you're only required to mention your activities for the last 10 years. So 2009-2019 ...since your trade certificate was completed in 2009 you will have to include it. And you have to be as accurate with the months as possible. You don't need to include senior secondary.

Reactions: Msbawa09

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
In education you will only list your BSC and MCA.

In personal history you're only required to mention your activities for the last 10 years. So 2009-2019 ...since your trade certificate was completed in 2009 you will have to include it. And you have to be as accurate with the months as possible. You don't need to include senior secondary.
Thanks a lot. One more question :) Since my trade certificate and graduation has overlap of 6 months, would you think there would be any issue?

For example:
Computer Hardware and Networking Trade Certificate - July - 2007- March 2009 - Part time

BSc IT/ Graduation/ - Started in Sep 2008 - Part Time

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
No there won't be any issue. You must write a letter of explanation explaining the overlap of these dates.

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
No there won't be any issue. You must write a letter of explanation explaining the overlap of these dates.
Okay. What about if I skip my trade certificate to mention anywhere in EE profile or personal history. If I skip still I can show in personal history that I was doing gradution since 2008-2011. Which covers the criteria of last 10 years 2009-2019.
Your views on it?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Yeah, that would be fine too.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Infact even I had an evening course I had taken up in my 3rd year of graduation and I dint mention it.

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
This is what I was thinking. Why to add this trade cert if it can lead confusion. Moreover, no points can be claimed to mention it.

Without it, profile looks more clear: For example personal history would be:
2008-2011 - BScIT
2011-2013 - MCA
2013-2019 - Working

Reactions: prpurohit

Msbawa09

Jan 5, 2019
Infact even I had an evening course I had taken up in my 3rd year of graduation and I dint mention it.
Appreciate all help. BTW, one last question. Are you a lawyer or consultant? What do you do? You are really very knowledgeable. Or you have applied your or others Canada PR?

Reactions: prpurohit