ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Although there is probably some time before i get an ITA (if i do), i had some questions around the reference letters...

I understand there are 2 schools of thought around reference letters, one to provide all details and one to skip the non primary NOC details.
I have shared details of all employers to CIC but that can be edited before ITA as i understand...

My questions are -

1. OOPNP had asked for last 10 years of experience and reference letters, does the CIC ITA also ask only for last 10 years ?
2. Out of 4 employers (including the current one) i have reference letter for my past employer (current -1) where i have 8 years experience in the same NOC, would that not suffice the requirement for 6 + years of experience ? I can also get for my current employer 3.5 years ... would that suffice ?
3. Would i need to submit the reference letters for all 4 Employers in any case, post ITA ?

Thanks in advance...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash137 said:
Hi,

Although there is probably some time before i get an ITA (if i do), i had some questions around the reference letters...

I understand there are 2 schools of thought around reference letters, one to provide all details and one to skip the non primary NOC details.
I have shared details of all employers to CIC but that can be edited before ITA as i understand...

My questions are -

1. OOPNP had asked for last 10 years of experience and reference letters, does the CIC ITA also ask only for last 10 years ?

Yes

2. Out of 4 employers (including the current one) i have reference letter for my past employer (current -1) where i have 8 years experience in the same NOC, would that not suffice the requirement for 6 + years of experience ? I can also get for my current employer 3.5 years ... would that suffice ?

If that is your primary NOC (and it is NOC 0/A/B), that 8 year experience reference letter would satisfy EE eligibility criteria, get you highest work experience points on FSW grid and suffice for CRS score as well. You wouldn't really need anything else for work history - not even your current job. Which is to say, if you hadn't ever worked in the last 3.5 years, you would STILL be eligible for all that I've said above.

3. Would i need to submit the reference letters for all 4 Employers in any case, post ITA ?

No. Just the one with 8 years experience. If you really want to, include one for your current job as well.

Thanks in advance...

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome, thanks Asivad Anac .... +1

pankush gupta

Jul 25, 2015
Dear SIR,

I GOT ITA ON 7 AUG I HAVE MORE THAN 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE , 1 YEAR IN A COMPANY IN WHICH IS IS IRRELEVANT NOC AND I ALSO DO NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE LETTER
THE CURRENT COMPANY I AM WORKING IN I HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS.

DO I NEED TO ALSO GET THE DOCUMENTS FROM THE PREVIOUS EMPLOYER OR THIS CURRENT COMPANY DOCUMENTS WILL BE ONLY NEEDED.

PLEASE SUGGEST

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pankush gupta said:
Dear SIR,

I GOT ITA ON 7 AUG I HAVE MORE THAN 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE , 1 YEAR IN A COMPANY IN WHICH IS IS IRRELEVANT NOC AND I ALSO DO NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE LETTER
THE CURRENT COMPANY I AM WORKING IN I HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS.

DO I NEED TO ALSO GET THE DOCUMENTS FROM THE PREVIOUS EMPLOYER OR THIS CURRENT COMPANY DOCUMENTS WILL BE ONLY NEEDED.

PLEASE SUGGEST
That 1 year of experience doesn't make any difference to your CRS and I'm guessing it won't make a difference to your program eligibility either. You can safely leave it out from work history and include this Employment only in Personal history section.

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That 1 year of experience doesn't make any difference to your CRS and I'm guessing it won't make a difference to your program eligibility either. You can safely leave it out from work history and include this Employment only in Personal history section.
I have a similar situation with one company where I worked for 5 months; they are not ready to provide me the ref letter. But, I have included in my work history. You recommend that I delete it from my CIC profile work history?

I will have 6 yrs work experience letters from 2 employers excluding the above one. I am currently employed in a company for almost 2 yrs now. I will approach for the Ref letter here only after I get an ITA. Chances are very less that my current company will give me the letter. If I exclude this from my work ex it would be like I am unemployed for past 2 yrs so I am hesitant to exclude this one. Will there be a problem if I am not able to get the letter from my current employer although it is shown in my CIC profile?

If I exclude the companies, can CIC raise questions during Background check? They can easily find out that I have worked with n number of companies here from my PAN card number(It is kind of a national ID)!

Cheers,
Amy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy2Canada said:
I have a similar situation with one company where I worked for 5 months; they are not ready to provide me the ref letter. But, I have included in my work history. You recommend that I delete it from my CIC profile work history?

I will have 6 yrs work experience letters from 2 employers excluding the above one. I am currently employed in a company for almost 2 yrs now. I will approach for the Ref letter here only after I get an ITA. Chances are very less that my current company will give me the letter. If I exclude this from my work ex it would be like I am unemployed for past 2 yrs so I am hesitant to exclude this one. Will there be a problem if I am not able to get the letter from my current employer although it is shown in my CIC profile?

If I exclude the companies, can CIC raise questions during Background check? They can easily find out that I have worked with n number of companies here from my PAN card number(It is kind of a national ID)!

Cheers,
Amy
1. If you have 3+ years of "verifiable" experience, you have maxed out on the CRS points front. Verifiable here would mean work experience backed up by evidences acceptable to CIC (this necessarily includes documentation proof of job responsibilities in addition to other terms of employment). If you cannot get something from your current employer, you still retain 4 years of verifiable experience. That is good enough for CRS.

2. 4 years of verifiable work experience gets you 13 points on FSW grid. If that is enough to get you to 67/100, you need nothing else.

3. You can certainly choose to leave out work experience from Work history section and include that in Personal history section. One would do this when one either doesn't need points from that experience or cannot conclusively prove that experience matches a certain NOC.

4. You wouldn't exclude anything from Personal history, only from Work history. CIC would have no access to information about your work experience in a foreign country beyond what you have provided and they have no resources to use your PAN card or any other national ID to identify such things.

5. Strongly recommend that you exclude those experiences from Work history which you cannot prove (or don't claim points for) and retain that only in Personal history. It greatly simplifies your application.

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
canadacanada1983 said:
Hi Asivad,

I am in a dilemma, I have submitted my PR Profile and excluded a 2 months work experience from India as a software developer from my work history as well as personal history(work history got automatically transferred to personal history).

Some other members can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you should have mentioned those 2 months on the personal history, even if you did not claim them as work experience/history

That 2 month job experience is irrelevant for me because as soon as I joined the company I got an invite from a US university to do MS and I resigned after 2-3 weeks and served 1 month notice period (In total I worked there for 2 months).

Also I used to take English classes in GRE coaching and used to help and counsel other students on evenings and weekends, I wrote the same voluntary teaching and counseling and preparing for student visa and arrival in US in my personal history section for those 2 months omitting my work experience for 2 months.

I have a total of 3+ years of verifiable work experience (India and USA) in past companies and I added it in my work history.

I am worried that 2 months omission of work experience from personal and work history will be treated as misrepresentation ? I am not claiming any points for that though and all points awarded to me in EE were solely based on my 3+ years of verifiable work experience.

I don't include that 2 months of work experience anywhere in my professional profile and resume so I chose to opt it out. Now once the profile is submitted we cant modify information and include it in MyCIC. Also the processing of PR is almost complete. Is this a serious omission for not including 2 months work ex in personal history ?