Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi experts,
I recently submitted the application for CEC PR. Since I included my foreign work ex and got points for it, I had to submit reference letters for the same.

My questions -
-->One of my reference letters did not include the word "full time" in it but did say that I worked "40 hrs/ week", So is it OK? Or do you think there could be some problem?
I have also submitted the pay stubs for 12 months including the tax statements along with the above letter.
--> The duties that I have included in those letters are covered in 2 bullet points. Do you think that should be fine? Or very detailed duties are required?

Please advice!

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nick1899 said:
Hi experts,
I recently submitted the application for CEC PR. Since I included my foreign work ex and got points for it, I had to submit reference letters for the same.

My questions -
-->One of my reference letters did not include the word "full time" in it but did say that I worked "40 hrs/ week", So is it OK? Or do you think there could be some problem?
I have also submitted the pay stubs for 12 months including the tax statements along with the above letter.
--> The duties that I have included in those letters are covered in 2 bullet points. Do you think that should be fine? Or very detailed duties are required?

Please advice!

Thank you!
1 - It's ok
2 - I would've included more but what's done it's done

Cheers ;)

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks DelPiero07!

Could those only 2 bullet points for duties be the basis of rejection or delay? Thanks again!

crbj

May 18, 2016
nick1899 said:
Hi experts,

My questions -

Please advice!

Thank you!
1. As long as you don't claim 600 points for LMIA, it is fine.

2. You may want to compare those 2 bullet points with the leading duties posted on CIC website, and see if those 2 bullet points contain enough duties that convince the VO you really performed as your NOC. Several applicants, including myself, have been rejected because of insufficient number of duties in reference letters. If you find your current reference letter is not good enough, don't take any risk and update your documents via CSE.

All the best with your application.

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:

2. You may want to compare those 2 bullet points with the leading duties posted on CIC website, and see if those 2 bullet points contain enough duties that convince the VO you really performed as your NOC. Several applicants, including myself, have been rejected because of insufficient number of duties in reference letters. If you find your current reference letter is not good enough, don't take any risk and update your documents via CSE.

Thansk crbj.

I have compared those bullet points (from my letter) with the NOC duties on the CIC (HRSDC) website and they seem to resonate with the meanings in a few of bullet points there. Will that then work?

crbj

May 18, 2016
nick1899 said:
Thansk crbj.

I have compared those bullet points (from my letter) with the NOC duties on the CIC (HRSDC) website and they seem to resonate with the meanings in a few of bullet points there. Will that then work?
A few?

How many points are there on there websites? How many of them are consistent with your reference letter?

Martin_Tony

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:

I don't understand why we need to cover a couple of points. As for me, I chose NOC 2133 and the job title is circuit design engineer (in the example list). What I was doing is designing circuits, which is just one of so many listed job duties. Can you tell why it can't prove I am qualified for this NOC? Thanks.

Best

crbj

May 18, 2016
Martin_Tony said:
I don't understand why we need to cover a couple of points. As for me, I chose NOC 2133 and the job title is circuit design engineer (in the example list). What I was doing is designing circuits, which is just one of so many listed job duties. Can you tell why it can't prove I am qualified for this NOC? Thanks.

Best
When CIC VO reviews your application, the job title doesn't matter, as different companies use titles differently. They only determine your NOC based on your duties. If you only have a few duties in your reference letter, it is not enough to convince them your job fall under the NOC your claim.

Martin_Tony

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:
When CIC VO reviews your application, the job title doesn't matter, as different companies use titles differently. They only determine your NOC based on your duties. If you only have a few duties in your reference letter, it is not enough to convince them your job fall under the NOC your claim.
Thank you. Is it the company seal a must requirement?

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:
A few?

How many points are there on there websites? How many of them are consistent with your reference letter?
3 of those on the CIC website relate to the bullet points on my reference letter.

Also, on the CIC website the duties start with the line mentioning that the concerned person "perform some or all of the followoing duties" which is same for all the other roles.

What was in your case? What did you do next?
Thansk, crbj!

crbj

May 18, 2016
nick1899 said:
3 of those on the CIC website relate to the bullet points on my reference letter.

Also, on the CIC website the duties start with the line mentioning that the concerned person "perform some or all of the followoing duties" which is same for all the other roles.

What was in your case? What did you do next?
Thansk, crbj!
I think 3 is like a boundary. If I were you, I would still update my reference letter with more duties matched.

After my rejection, I believed the decision was unfair. I thought in the same way. In their requirements for reference letter, they only ask to include 'duties and responsibilities' and didn't mention how many or how detailed. I complained this to my local MP. Eventually, she admitted that was stupid, and inconsistency between the requirements and the way they evaluate our application do exist. But she also said immigration is not about black and white. The better you prepare, the better chance you get approved. It is CIC who makes the call. She also showed me a reference letter of another applicant. I was shocked by how well that candidate prepared. It was a two-page reference letter containing every single aspect of her job.

I hope you can avoid any mistakes others have made on this forum. Nobody knows how CIC evaluate your application. The only thing you can do is providing best documents. Don't use your own case to test them. That is my suggestion.