+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letters for EE

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Thanks a lot :) but you know with all this EE nonsense it's just hard to be chilled haha but we should try our best :)

confuse07

Jun 23, 2013
SMCANADAVISA said:
Totally understand your situation. But for CEC it is very important that you produce supporting reference/recommendation letters especially for the Canadian Experience with details of job performed. I was as apprehensive as you when approaching the project manager of my client. Initially he said he can personally write to CIC about me but I explained him that without the experience letter i would not be able to submit my application. Thankfully he understood and took the pain of discussing with his HR to get the format printed and signed company's letterhead. So hopefully your's will be same. Give it a try.

Hello. i already emailed my previous employers the other day but as expected, i got no reply for them.. Can you give me a sample of a complete reference letter so I can show it to them if ever they change their mind. is it ok without annual salary but there is per hour wage?

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
confuse07 said:
Hello. i already emailed my previous employers the other day but as expected, i got no reply for them.. Can you give me a sample of a complete reference letter so I can show it to them if ever they change their mind. is it ok without annual salary but there is per hour wage?
You can use this format. Experience letter is not about compensation verification. For that submit your yearly compensation letters, your initial offer letter and paystubs as many as you have. Those will support compensation related details.

To Whom It May Concern

Re: xxxxxxx – Employment Confirmation Letter

We are writing to confirm that XXXX was employed by (name of employer). in the position of xxxxx from xxxxxx to xxxxxx

In her capacity as XXX, XXXX's main duties encompassed the following:

• Job responsibility 1
• Job responsibility 2
• Job responsibility 3 and so on

This employment was full-time and was based on a 45-hour work week.

In the event you require any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
For (name of Employer)

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi..in my case I can't locate my previous employer..I worked for her almost 7 months but then I resigned not giving me the hours as what we've agreed in the contract....I was a baby sitter...i lost my documents from her from moving only I have from her now is my t4 paystub and copy of my work permit from her...I tried to send her message in Fb but she's not replying I even tried to send her husband message too in fb,.. I can't open my previous email address Im using before that's why can't sent her emails..I'm on my process of completing my documents for my ITAs..that's the only one I don't have right now.... Pls help me with this..thanks

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Ressie Timbang said:
Hi..in my case I can't locate my previous employer..I worked for her almost 7 months but then I resigned not giving me the hours as what we've agreed in the contract....I was a baby sitter...i lost my documents from her from moving only I have from her now is my t4 paystub and copy of my work permit from her...I tried to send her message in Fb but she's not replying I even tried to send her husband message too in fb,.. I can't open my previous email address Im using before that's why can't sent her emails..I'm on my process of completing my documents for my ITAs..that's the only one I don't have right now.... Pls help me with this..thanks
Ofcourse if you have T4 and paystub that's a firm evidence of you having worked in Canada. Do you have more than one employer in Canada ? If so could you get reference letters from them atleast? If this was your only ex employer it's important you get a reference/experience letter from them. You should try to retrieve the email account and send then email asking for the experience letter. If they deny or do not respond to your request that would be firm evidence against them not providing you one. You atleast can submit that email conversation to CIC explaining the situation. Pardon my ignorance but for your occupation category and NOC code don't you have a LMIA?

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
She's just my ex employer what documents I had from her is the work permit and t4 and paystub..can't open the email address I had one before with all her emails before...don't know her email address though.... But I sent her message in FB but she didn't get back with me.... :-(

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
That is the joy of canada411. You can put in the last name and town and it will give you most addresses unless they are unlisted. PM me and I will be happy to give you a hand if you are having trouble.

vatsaltr

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hiiii

Can i submit old dated refernce letter?
I hd askd for reference letter from my employer in july 2014.
Can i submit the same for ee. ??

Plz ans thank u

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
vatsaltr said:
Hiiii

Can i submit old dated refernce letter?
I hd askd for reference letter from my employer in july 2014.
Can i submit the same for ee. ??

Plz ans thank u
A reference letter should be valid for ever. And your's is not too old. Submit it and if required CIC will come back to you.