+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letters (Current & Past Employers)

hasanmf1988

Aug 25, 2018
Hello Members,

I'm here to seek guidance on my PR application under the FSW programme.

As per the initial evaluation, my CRS score seems to be well over the cut-off. However, before I file in my EoI, I want to get my reference letters in order so I can choose the correct NOC.

In my first job, I spent only 9 months, about 5 years in the second and have just completed 1 year in my third stint. If maximum points are awarded to more than 3 years' experience, is it okay if I only declare my second job and show supporting reference? Also, does this mean that I must not declare employment with the other two? As it has been a year since I switched, will it not show a gap and what implication is this likely to have or would it be considered a misrepresentation of facts?

The reason I'm not too keen to ask for reference from my current employer is because I'd rather not have them know of my future plans. Furthermore, it might jeopardize my chances of a likely promotion later this year.

I'd greatly appreciate any help you could extend. Thanks!

Warm regards,

M. F. Hasan

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Yes, you can claim points only for your second job if you would like. You can leave the other jobs out of your EE profile and then add them to your personal history in your PR application after receiving an ITA.

Just be sure to explain your reasons for leaving them out of your work history in a letter of explanation, as you explained here.

Johnexpressentrypnp

Aug 9, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my eAPR under express entry Pnp. My wife is a principle applicant. I have a six months work experience in Canada under spousal open work permit. Currently, I am a student and working under same company on a part time basis. We did not claim any points for my job. It's an on campus job and I need to work at different positions ( cashier, food server etc). Mostly I work as a cashier and In my EE proflie I added Cashier as job title and NOC code for that job. Now, in the employment letter they never mentioned my job title and responsibilities.
I still kept it in my work history and added the employment letter as it came from my employer. I explained the situation in the letter of explanation.
Although, we did not claim any points for that job. Will it be a matter that I put this experience in the work history but did not provide documents including NOT code?. Thanks

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Regarding certificate of employment, can I have another manager sign it?

I am thinking that by ", title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company" anybody can as long as they are in higher hierarchy than you. My manager is on leave for 2 months so another manager where I am not directly reporting to can sign it but not sure if there will be any issues.

HR won't sign a personalized letter