+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter

Jun 3, 2021
Dear All,

I need your help regarding my reference letter from previous employer.

I have following concerns:

1. The name of my company has changed slightly. (My Reference letter mentions both names, and clearly mentions which one is older name). Is it correct approach?
2. The immediate manager has left the company. Should I still approach my manager or take the letter from my CEO (or maybe HR)?
3. The company did not offer salary slips (it was a startup). I already closed my bank account because the bank was in a different country. Hence I do not have any proof of salary (except my joining letter and reference letter). Will this be fine? Or should I arrange some more documents?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Saurabh Kaushik

naitik138

Feb 9, 2023
Dear All,

I need your help regarding my reference letter from previous employer.

I have following concerns:

1. The name of my company has changed slightly. (My Reference letter mentions both names, and clearly mentions which one is older name). Is it correct approach?
2. The immediate manager has left the company. Should I still approach my manager or take the letter from my CEO (or maybe HR)?
3. The company did not offer salary slips (it was a startup). I already closed my bank account because the bank was in a different country. Hence I do not have any proof of salary (except my joining letter and reference letter). Will this be fine? Or should I arrange some more documents?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Saurabh Kaushik
Hello Saurabh,

I am connected to your replies as my case is similar to yours. Can you share your experience or if you already got a PR, how did you proceed?

In my case, I had shown two 6 month internship letters also have no bank or cash trails. How would someone in this situation tackle this?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello Saurabh,

I am connected to your replies as my case is similar to yours. Can you share your experience or if you already got a PR, how did you proceed?

In my case, I had shown two 6 month internship letters also have no bank or cash trails. How would someone in this situation tackle this?
You can try getting a format of the salary you received on company letter head.