+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter with typed organization name

gocan2018

Apr 2, 2018
Hi Guys,
This is my first post but I am an active reader on this forum. I have run into a situation for which I need the forum's help. Please let me know what to do......

My employer has not given me reference letter on a real letterhead. It is a 2 page document that he has provided and on page 1, he has typed the name of the govt organisation in the header section followed by document number in the next line. Below this he has listed my duties. The document looks like this for Page 1:

NAME OF THE GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION
Document No: .............................................................................................................................................................Date:

Duty 1
Duty 2......

On page 2 he continues listing out my duties and finishes it off with his signature and official government seal. Page 2 does not have does not have the name of the organisation or document no like page 1.

Pg2 looks like this:

Duties continued
Manager's position title
Manager's successor's Signature and seal

Question: Does the letter need to be notarized? If yes, then will both pages need to be notarized?
Trying to understand the value of notarization, because I was doing a google search on notary stamps and most notaries either stamp words like "ATTESTED", "TRUE COPY" etc along with their notary stamp. To me attestation and true copy means certifying a photocopy by matching the original to the copy.

But since in my case the letter is an original that lacks a real letterhead, does it make sense to add an "attested" stamp to it? or do you think it will add value since it lacks a proper letterhead?
Thanks in advance for replying.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi Guys,
This is my first post but I am an active reader on this forum. I have run into a situation for which I need the forum's help. Please let me know what to do......

My employer has not given me reference letter on a real letterhead. It is a 2 page document that he has provided and on page 1, he has typed the name of the govt organisation in the header section followed by document number in the next line. Below this he has listed my duties. The document looks like this for Page 1:

NAME OF THE GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION
Document No: .............................................................................................................................................................Date:

Duty 1
Duty 2......

On page 2 he continues listing out my duties and finishes it off with his signature and official government seal. Page 2 does not have does not have the name of the organisation or document no like page 1.

Pg2 looks like this:

Duties continued
Manager's position title
Manager's successor's Signature and seal

Question: Does the letter need to be notarized? If yes, then will both pages need to be notarized?
Trying to understand the value of notarization, because I was doing a google search on notary stamps and most notaries either stamp words like "ATTESTED", "TRUE COPY" etc along with their notary stamp. To me attestation and true copy means certifying a photocopy by matching the original to the copy.

But since in my case the letter is an original that lacks a real letterhead, does it make sense to add an "attested" stamp to it? or do you think it will add value since it lacks a proper letterhead?
Thanks in advance for replying.
Your letter bears organization name and carries manager's signature with it.
You are good. No need of notarization.
If you resort to notarization, notaries will stamp all the pages by default.

Reactions: gocan2018