+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter vs payslip dilema (Proof of Work)

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Related to foreign work experience. Need serious comments from experienced members

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp (only mentions reference letter)

Personalized documents checklist where you upload your documents - after you fill your e-APR. (mentions paystubs)

So, my question is if work reference letter meets all the requirements of CIC then are things below necessary -

1.Salary stubs (even though reference letter mentions annual salary)
2. Tax documents , returns etc
3. Bank statement for salary credits

list goes on, different people mention different additional docs.

My final question - is Work reference letter with all details as required by CIC enough ?
If CIC needs additional docs then can ask or they will reject?

Other threads for reference: (Replies from experienced members but they are old & might not be valid now)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/salary-slips-t392131.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-work-experience-is-salary-stub-necessary-t369730.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-asivad-anac-t309073.2610.html

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
If reference letter has all details no need of anything else.

The others are used to support a reference letter that does not carry all required details. For instance tax returns and pay slips can bolster a reference letter which does not mention your pay

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
nokia3315 said:
Related to foreign work experience. Need serious comments from experienced members

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp (only mentions reference letter)

Personalized documents checklist where you upload your documents - after you fill your e-APR. (mentions paystubs)

So, my question is if work reference letter meets all the requirements of CIC then are things below necessary -

My final question - is Work reference letter with all details as required by CIC enough ?

Other threads for reference: (Replies from experienced members but they are old & might not be valid now)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/salary-slips-t392131.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-work-experience-is-salary-stub-necessary-t369730.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-asivad-anac-t309073.2610.html
hello,
though i submitted reference letters with full detail of employment with salary, but cic requested to send 24 salary slips, my salary was in cash and slips are stamped and signed by employer. cic also requested shifts reports, attendance register, email communication with employer, 6 years income tax returns, bank statement of 2 years, id card, names of colleagues and their contact number, their business license etc. everything sent as requested.would it be sufficient and will be accepted by cic, any idea please share.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppr20 said:
hello,
though i submitted reference letters with full detail of employment with salary, but cic requested to send 24 salary slips, my salary was in cash and slips are stamped and signed by employer. cic also requested
shifts reports, :eek:
attendance register, :eek:
email communication with employer, :eek:
6 years income tax returns, :eek:
bank statement of 2 years, :eek:
id card, :eek:
names of colleagues and their contact number, :eek:
their business licensee etc.
:eek:

YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT ?

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
no, i am not joking, they requested all these after i completed my interview,cic given only 2 days to upload all. i have sleepless nights, i uploaded everything and genuine, i uploaded everything cic requested in one day. no decision yet on my application. what you think may happen.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
you went for an interview? you mean at the embassy? Your situation is very confusing to me, this is the first time I've seen this

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
hamgha said:
you went for an interview? you mean at the embassy? Your situation is very confusing to me, this is the first time I've seen this
yes, i completed interview at the Canadian high commission, they said to send documents, i sent whatever they said and waiting for final decision now.I sent everything genuine.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyways
ppr20 - you are a special case.

Lets come back & concentrate on my initial question. Waiting for more replies from senior members.

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
nokia3315 said:
Anyways

Lets come back & concentrate on my initial question. Waiting for more replies from senior members.
i hope i will get positive decision soon.I dont understand why they requested so many documents after interview.

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
nokia3315 said:
Anyways

i forgot to write that cic also requested to send the resume.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
nokia3315 said:

I would upload the salary slips for the current job since the letter could be a bit old and salary slips are a genuine way of showing you still are in the same job. As for past employers, if the reference letter has all the info then I do not see a need.

That being said, I don't think any harm in uploading tax statements in lieu of payslips especially if employment spans many years - that extra information if readily available won't be an extra burden to upload but if it avoids any extra requirement, I can purely see it beneficial from a processing time perspective

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Think of it like this. There's a continuum - on one side, you have a reference letter that is so strong, you don't need any supporting evidence. On the other side, you have a reference letter that looks completely fake (even though it's actually genuine).

The closer you are to the fake side, the more documentation you should provide. The closer you are to the absolutely rock solid real side, the less you need to provide (of course, you have to meet the minimum requirements).

For example, if you work at Google, make more than 200K US, have a PhD from Carnegie Mellon, and your reference letter is signed by Sergey Brin, I'm pretty sure you don't need to provide salary slips (haha, unless this sounds too good to be true to CIC, in which case they may want it - you've slipped off the scale into fantasy land)

OTOH, if you work at a small firm no one has ever heard of, which has no website, corporate location, 2 employees, and no real way to prove its existence, you need to provide a heck of a lot more than just salary slips.

Most of us fall somewhere in the middle of the continuum, and there's no harm in providing a couple of salary slips. I'm probably closer to the rock solid side, and I provided the last three months' worth of payslips. No harm in that.

Reactions: zoya.sharma016

ppr20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
January 11,2017
Interview........
completed
Passport Req..
yes
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
21Goose said:
Think of it like this. There's a continuum - on one side, you have a reference letter that is so strong, you don't need any supporting evidence. On the other side, you have a reference letter that looks completely fake (even though it's actually genuine).

The closer you are to the fake side, the more documentation you should provide. The closer you are to the absolutely rock solid real side, the less you need to provide (of course, you have to meet the minimum requirements).

For example, if you work at Google, make more than 200K US, have a PhD from Carnegie Mellon, and your reference letter is signed by Sergey Brin, I'm pretty sure you don't need to provide salary slips (haha, unless this sounds too good to be true to CIC, in which case they may want it - you've slipped off the scale into fantasy land)

OTOH, if you work at a small firm no one has ever heard of, which has no website, corporate location, 2 employees, and no real way to prove its existence, you need to provide a heck of a lot more than just salary slips.

Most of us fall somewhere in the middle of the continuum, and there's no harm in providing a couple of salary slips. I'm probably closer to the rock solid side, and I provided the last three months' worth of payslips. No harm in that.
fully agree

Sidish

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
L-9/R-9/W-7/S-8
hello,
though i submitted reference letters with full detail of employment with salary, but cic requested to send 24 salary slips, my salary was in cash and slips are stamped and signed by employer. cic also requested shifts reports, attendance register, email communication with employer, 6 years income tax returns, bank statement of 2 years, id card, names of colleagues and their contact number, their business license etc. everything sent as requested.would it be sufficient and will be accepted by cic, any idea please share.
Omg ! What category applicant are you ? Mind discussing your details further on messaging ?

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hello everyone,

I have a dilemma here, I have my reference letter (it's not named reference letter but position description), it contains everything required from job duties to salary, but the problem is that my salary is actually quite different from the one in the reference letter (20 % difference, sometimes 40 to 80%), my letter does not contain bonuses should I go ahead anyway and upload my payslips ?

Thanks