+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter unavailable... what to do?

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
I am unable to obtain one reference letter for a very short employment. I am not getting any points for this. Is it better to provide LOE that I was not able to get the letter, or is it better to leave it out of my profile?

Thanks

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you won't claim any point from this work experience just leave it out of your profile, but fill in you personal history instead, because you can't leave any time gaps when completing Personal history section of the form, You will be safe.

cxf476

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRfromfaraway said:
I am unable to obtain one reference letter for a very short employment. I am not getting any points for this. Is it better to provide LOE that I was not able to get the letter, or is it better to leave it out of my profile?

Thanks
I used to work as a RA after graduating from the University for 2 months.
I did not include it into my previous work history so I do not need to provide a job letter for it.

I do included it into my personal history, as I cannot leave any blank in the past ten years.
But I did not explain it at all.
You may explain it like " This is a job that is not valid for EE, so no job letter attached"
Anyway, both should be fine.

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
I don't think you need to mention it at all if you are not claiming points in your professional history.
In your personal history you can mention, looking for employment/ research assistant work at the university.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest you to maintain that experience and just write an explanation letter that you could not provide the reference letter for that experience. In worst case, they would remove it from consideration. If they consider, its good right! :)