+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter specifying only the list of job duties

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have obtained the required proof of employment information such as official role, employment status, salary, start date, etc. on the company letterhead. However, because a policy at my company requires job duties to be approved by my manager, I have decided to get a separate reference letter signed by one of my colleagues. My question is, in this case of getting another letter only for the job duties, would it suffice if I ask my teammate to specify the list of responsibilities, or would you advise to obtain the letter with all details such as salary, employment status, start date, etc.?

Your suggestions will be really helpful in this crucial time.

Thanks.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Well,if your manager is going to approve job duties ( substanial number of NoC duties ) ,then you dont need a seperate letter from colleague

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
This is what I did.

I got the generic exp letter from my company that has details like my years of experience and my salary etc. Not job duties.
Then I printed a letter with all the details, the one mentioned in the letter given by company and the one missing there, got it signed by my manager. I got the letter notarized afterwards.

I submitted both letters and in LoE, I explained that my company doesn't give letter as per CIC required template so I am attaching an additional letter signed by my manager with all the details.

It went well.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
This is what I did.

I got the generic exp letter from my company that has details like my years of experience and my salary etc. Not job duties.
Then I printed a letter with all the details, the one mentioned in the letter given by company and the one missing there, got it signed by my manager. I got the letter notarized afterwards.

I submitted both letters and in LoE, I explained that my company doesn't give letter as per CIC required template so I am attaching an additional letter signed by my manager with all the details.

It went well.
Did you attach his visiting card or any other proof ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes. Scan of visiting card as well as company badge.
In my reference letter ,I have mentioned my suoervisor personal mail id and phone number
I am attaching visiting card but that only has his rank , name and company address & landline.( coz we work on ship not in officer)
Also he attached his engineering license issued by Government with the letter.

Will it be fine ?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
In my reference letter ,I have mentioned my suoervisor personal mail id and phone number
I am attaching visiting card but that only has his rank , name and company address & landline.( coz we work on ship not in officer)
Also he attached his engineering license issued by Government with the letter.

Will it be fine ?
Yes. Seems fine.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes. Seems fine.
For the same job
Additionaly , I am taking another reference letter from ny senior colleague with his contract letter and government license , no visiting card Only his personal ph and email.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Well,if your manager is going to approve job duties ( substanial number of NoC duties ) ,then you dont need a seperate letter from colleague
Well, that's the thing. I do not want to my manager to be notified about the whole process. My question was whether it would suffice if I got the letter for job duties with only the responsibilities or whether I would have to get all the other details in the same letter, even though I have those on the company letterhead.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
This is what I did.

It went well.
Thank you for responding. Just to clarify and ensure I understand correctly - did you include details such as experience, salary, start date, etc. in the letter that your manager gave, even though you had the generic exp letter? Or, did the letter you got from your manager just include the duties and you attached that separately with the generic exp letter?