4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Hello,

Many members have requested me to post my RA reference letter, which I used to claim points as research assistant during my phd. THe letter should be in your professor letterhead with full contact details. I used this letter and got my PR.

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that XXX was working as a full time Research Assistant (40 hrs/week) in my lab at XXX University, city, country from DD-MM-YYY to DD-MM-YYY. XXX’s monthly compensation during this period was XXX (approximately $ XXX CAD). The Canadian National Occupation Code for Research assistant is 4012.

uring this period, his services were found to be satisfactory in carrying out the job duties and his responsibilities were as follows:

• He conducted studies and literature searches using internet database, analyzing and summarizing various data on XXX field.
  • He accumulated results obtained by various experiments conducted on XXX.
  • He actively participated in the discussion of the project results with me every week.
  • He collaborated with other members to address issues on the filed of research
  • He supported me to write and edit research articles on XXX filed according to the specific journal format.
  • He helped me to write project proposals and present project results to other members from various universities.
  • He assisted me to prepare presentation files to present our findings in various international conferences.
  • He tracked research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
I wish him the very best in all his future endeavors. If you have any queries regarding his work and employment, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Signature

Professor. XXXXX
Contact details

All the best......

ishan261288

Nov 28, 2018
Thanks a lot for this letter. If I write research fellow instead of research assistant, will it be making any difference? I was a Junior/Senior Research Fellow as per my designation. Is it okay to write it instead of Research Assistant (Job titles of the NOC Code does not include Research fellow, but it does include Research assistant)

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
It is more about the job responsibilities-whether the description match the NOC you claimed
RA/RF/TA generally won't matter so much

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks a lot for this letter. If I write research fellow instead of research assistant, will it be making any difference? I was a Junior/Senior Research Fellow as per my designation. Is it okay to write it instead of Research Assistant (Job titles of the NOC Code does not include Research fellow, but it does include Research assistant)
You should select the NOC that matches the field in which you do research. For example, if you are a research fellow in Biology, you would choose NOC 2121 - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2121&ver=16&val65=biologist

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello,

Many members have requested me to post my RA reference letter, which I used to claim points as research assistant during my phd. THe letter should be in your professor letterhead with full contact details. I used this letter and got my PR.

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that XXX was working as a full time Research Assistant (40 hrs/week) in my lab at XXX University, city, country from DD-MM-YYY to DD-MM-YYY. XXX’s monthly compensation during this period was XXX (approximately $ XXX CAD). The Canadian National Occupation Code for Research assistant is 4012.

uring this period, his services were found to be satisfactory in carrying out the job duties and his responsibilities were as follows:

• He conducted studies and literature searches using internet database, analyzing and summarizing various data on XXX field.
  • He actively participated in the discussion of the project results with me every week.
  • He supported me to write and edit research articles on XXX filed according to the specific journal format.
  • He helped me to write project proposals and present project results to other members from various universities.
  • He assisted me to prepare presentation files to present our findings in various international conferences.
I wish him the very best in all his future endeavors. If you have any queries regarding his work and employment, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Signature

Professor. XXXXX
Contact details

All the best......
Hello @karthik506, could you please share the reference letter that you finally submitted for NOC 4012? I am in the process of drafting a reference letter and is utterly confused. I am looking for samples that made it successfully.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello @karthik506, could you please share the reference letter that you finally submitted for NOC 4012? I am in the process of drafting a reference letter and is utterly confused. I am looking for samples that made it successfully.
Hi thementor,

did you manage to get a sample reference. if so kindly share. I am in the same boat struggling to get one.

Thanks in advance.

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hello,

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

Sincerely yours,

Signature

Professor. XXXXX
Contact details

All the best......
Hi karthik506,
Did you have to submit another letter from HR confirming this, or just the T4A stub is enough? My T4A statement is high because I also got a tuition scholarship, should I explain that in the letter as well? Thank you!

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Hi karthik506,
Did you have to submit another letter from HR confirming this, or just the T4A stub is enough? My T4A statement is high because I also got a tuition scholarship, should I explain that in the letter as well? Thank you!
I did not submit any extra document. where did you do your degree? if it is in canada, it is not eligible.

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I did my PhD from India and worked as a TA/RA during my PhD under UGC fellowship. I have managed to get a letter from my supervisor stating my work during my fellowship period. UGC used to send my salary to my university, which would disburse it directly to my bank account. I worked as a Junior Research Fellow from 2011 til 2014 and as a Senior Research Fellow from 2014 till 2016. My salary as a JRF was 16,000 per month and as an SRF was 25,000, with an HRA of 30%. However, there came a notice by UGC which raised the salary of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. But the office order was released by my university in 2017 to pay the arrears of 3,000 per month retrospectively. I recently got the bank statements from my bank, which we unfortunately incomplete. But I do have a few entries sporadically where I can show the amount 16,000 and 25,000 credited. The arrears amount came in 2017, for which my bank did not give statement and I intend to request them again (which is a long process in India).

There are a few issues here:

1. The salary written in my reference letter for SRF is 28,000. My university has apparently lost the office order which raised my amount of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. I have the order number with me but they cannot trace it. If I got this I could have proven that I was getting 28,000.
  2. My university sometimes would disburse the money for odd periods. Forexample, they would disburse it for 1 month and 10 days. So in some bank entries the amount mentioned is 18,666.7 (an not 16,000). Similarly for SRF amounts. And some times they would merge this amount with House Rent Allowance and sometimes these two would be paid separately. And some times this would be compounded by paying salary for 3 months together, I tried bifurcating but doing it with all the entries is very complicated. How do I explain this in my explanation letter?
  3. If the chairperson of my department writes that I used to get SRF for 25,000 which got increased to 28,000 would that suffice?
Please help. Please suggest any other alternative documents which I can present to support my case. I would not be able to prove my work experience?

Mar 10, 2022
Hi!

I have a RA position at a lab in my university (a full time contract), but I am not a registered student at the university (which is aparently one of the conditions for employment). I have already accepted the position (which will be for a full year starting this april), and so I am slightly worried that it won't get accepted because of it. I am also not a TA, just an RA.

hrsh_gulati

Sep 14, 2022
I did my PhD from India and worked as a TA/RA during my PhD under UGC fellowship. I have managed to get a letter from my supervisor stating my work during my fellowship period. UGC used to send my salary to my university, which would disburse it directly to my bank account. I worked as a Junior Research Fellow from 2011 til 2014 and as a Senior Research Fellow from 2014 till 2016. My salary as a JRF was 16,000 per month and as an SRF was 25,000, with an HRA of 30%. However, there came a notice by UGC which raised the salary of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. But the office order was released by my university in 2017 to pay the arrears of 3,000 per month retrospectively. I recently got the bank statements from my bank, which we unfortunately incomplete. But I do have a few entries sporadically where I can show the amount 16,000 and 25,000 credited. The arrears amount came in 2017, for which my bank did not give statement and I intend to request them again (which is a long process in India).

There are a few issues here:

1. The salary written in my reference letter for SRF is 28,000. My university has apparently lost the office order which raised my amount of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. I have the order number with me but they cannot trace it. If I got this I could have proven that I was getting 28,000.
  2. My university sometimes would disburse the money for odd periods. Forexample, they would disburse it for 1 month and 10 days. So in some bank entries the amount mentioned is 18,666.7 (an not 16,000). Similarly for SRF amounts. And some times they would merge this amount with House Rent Allowance and sometimes these two would be paid separately. And some times this would be compounded by paying salary for 3 months together, I tried bifurcating but doing it with all the entries is very complicated. How do I explain this in my explanation letter?
  3. If the chairperson of my department writes that I used to get SRF for 25,000 which got increased to 28,000 would that suffice?
Please help. Please suggest any other alternative documents which I can present to support my case. I would not be able to prove my work experience?
Hello Sir, I am facing same issue that I was getting CSIR stipned during my PhD now I want to apply for Canada PR. I want to know if I eligible for Express entry. What if my supervisor signed a reference letter for full time research experience. will it be consider for express entry?
Kindly help me for this please....