+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter Question:

winningstreak

Apr 16, 2021
Reference Letter Question: For anyone who has worked for a big organisation with a dedicated HR department only reachable via email, how have you requested for a reference letter? Have you simply emailed them your requirements (along with a sample of the letter?) or do they simply provide you with a letter in the organisation's default format?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Samy1403

Feb 23, 2021
Typically, large organisations have a process in place for these requests because they keep receiving such requests. Be assured that your are not the first person asking for such a reference letter.

Typical process is:

1) Get in touch with your manager/supervisor, get a prior nod on the contents (roles and responsibilities). This will help avoid too and fro. You will have to prepare the content as per IRCC guidelines. It's highly unlikely that organization maintain that kind of format.
2) Then shoot an email to HR. HR seeks approval of your manager (or whoever is incharge of that dept.) before signing that letter and mailing it to you.

winningstreak

Apr 16, 2021
Thank you very much! I’ll start reaching out to my managers then contact the HR team with my format.
Thank you again!