+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter / help please !!

Khalilchabbi

Dec 29, 2019
Hello

i have been working in a privet company ( small one )

the head agreed to write a reference letter

i was getting paid cache

he said he will provide me with pay-slips for the period i worked there and his business card

( he is willing to help me in anything they request )

Will they request other papers like bank statement or health insurance ?

please help me

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hello

i have been working in a privet company ( small one )

the head agreed to write a reference letter

i was getting paid cache

he said he will provide me with pay-slips for the period i worked there and his business card

( he is willing to help me in anything they request )

Will they request other papers like bank statement or health insurance ?

please help me
As per the official documentation, the reference letter should be enough. Refer to the section "Proof of work experience" in the below link for details to be filled in the reference letter. You will be asked if they need additional documents, at the time of uploading your documents in your profile after you get ITA.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s05

Khalilchabbi

Dec 29, 2019
As per the official documentation, the reference letter should be enough. Refer to the section "Proof of work experience" in the below link for details to be filled in the reference letter. You will be asked if they need additional documents, at the time of uploading your documents in your profile after you get ITA.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s05
you mean , there is a chance that they ask for health insurance , because this paper is impossible for me to provide .

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
you mean , there is a chance that they ask for health insurance , because this paper is impossible for me to provide .
No, I don't think they will ask for health insurance. Reference letter is mandatory, they *might* ask for pay stubs and tax slips.

Khalilchabbi

Dec 29, 2019
No, I don't think they will ask for health insurance. Reference letter is mandatory, they *might* ask for pay stubs and tax slips.
I live and work outside canada , will they request pay stubs and tax slips ? Even tax slips are not available in my country ( ALGERIA )

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I live and work outside canada , will they request pay stubs and tax slips ? Even tax slips are not available in my country ( ALGERIA )
No, IMO only reference letter is enough, if it follows the official guidelines. But they might request for additional documents, which depends on case to case basis. By tax slips I meant tax returns, I'm not sure why your country wouldn't have tax returns? Have you ever filed income tax? You can provide those documents where you declared your income and paid tax *IF* CIC asks for it. Otherwise I don't think it's required, but you can search for other discussions in this forum.

Khalilchabbi

Dec 29, 2019
No, IMO only reference letter is enough, if it follows the official guidelines. But they might request for additional documents, which depends on case to case basis. By tax slips I meant tax returns, I'm not sure why your country wouldn't have tax returns? Have you ever filed income tax? You can provide those documents where you declared your income and paid tax *IF* CIC asks for it. Otherwise I don't think it's required, but you can search for other discussions in this forum.
Hello , thanks for your reply

We actually have payment slips that include TAX , that's the only paper . If i want to extract tax slips it will be just zero’s because my current job is paying everything . As long as they don’t request insurance papers i’m okay