+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from TCS

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
What should i put in the column "Type or organization" for TCS and Tech Mahindra? Should i mention "Public" there?

Sep 24, 2014
I am working with TCS since 7 years and you can not directly get the letter......
PM me and i will tell you how you can get it.

I am working in canada and received PR a couple of months back.

Kindly help me. I have a 3 year plus experience in TCS and currently my designation is Systems Engineer. I need to get a letter with Software Engineer for Canada PR. How can I get this letter? Thanks.

Petchiram

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

I am currently applying for PR in canada. I'm having doubt in choosing NOC code while creating express entry profile. I have 4 years of experience having worked in 3 different projects in which two are networking based and one is finance based. As my roles and responsibilities differ with the projects that i worked, on what basis tcs will mention my roles and responsibilities when they provide me reference letter ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi Friends
I have been working with TCS for close to 9 years. I have had four promotions and worked in 5 different projects i(2 NOC Codes) in 4 different locations.
All my previous managers are still with TCS and have agreed to give a notarized letter.
To get an expert advice we decided to hire an immigration consulting (the most popular one in India .. Abh....) to help with the post ITA process. The attorney at the immigration consulting company has advised me to simply get one email (on TCS email) from a colleague who has been in TCS longer than myself with all roles and responsibilities listed on it from all five projects, save it as a pdf and use that. According to them attaching five letters complicates things and Indian notarization is meaningless for CIC.
On the other hand I read on the Canada Visa threads that notarized letter is required in absence of reference letter on company letter head.
I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten their PR by submitting email from colleague in absence of reference letter on letterhead? Or, if anyone has been advised by their attorney that notarization is a must? I will update once I get the through.
But, if we can get a clear perspective on that, it will help a lot of other applicants as well. In the end getting an email on TCS webmail is far easier than getting letters notarized (in which most are done in a fraudulent manner as the person who signs it is not always present in front of notary as the law requires them to be).
Best regards

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi Friends
I have been working with TCS for close to 9 years. I have had four promotions and worked in 5 different projects i(2 NOC Codes) in 4 different locations.
All my previous managers are still with TCS and have agreed to give a notarized letter.
To get an expert advice we decided to hire an immigration consulting (the most popular one in India .. Abh....) to help with the post ITA process. The attorney at the immigration consulting company has advised me to simply get one email (on TCS email) from a colleague who has been in TCS longer than myself with all roles and responsibilities listed on it from all five projects, save it as a pdf and use that. According to them attaching five letters complicates things and Indian notarization is meaningless for CIC.
On the other hand I read on the Canada Visa threads that notarized letter is required in absence of reference letter on company letter head.
I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten their PR by submitting email from colleague in absence of reference letter on letterhead? Or, if anyone has been advised by their attorney that notarization is a must? I will update once I get the through.
But, if we can get a clear perspective on that, it will help a lot of other applicants as well. In the end getting an email on TCS webmail is far easier than getting letters notarized (in which most are done in a fraudulent manner as the person who signs it is not always present in front of notary as the law requires them to be).
Best regards
so are you adding each row for all the combination of promotions, project, location with in TCS ? or only one row in express entry profile for TCS ?

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
so are you adding each row for all the combination of promotions, project, location with in TCS ? or only one row in express entry profile for TCS ?
In the profile, I had 5 rows for each project location I worked in the profile.
Now post ITA, we will upload same email and other proofs combination in all five rows.
I have consent from all managers but the attorney is saying we will attach one common email. No notary.
Apparently, they have been doing this for a long time and official emails are absolutely valid.

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I could not get roles and responsibilities letter from TCS as I could not recover my Alumni portal account (I forgot password).

Hence, I have made an affidavit for the same. I worked there for 2 years.

Later I worked with two companies:
1. Bitwise, 2 years 9 months (I got letter on company letterpad)
2. TechMahindra, 1 year contd... (I got letter on company letterpad)

I believe I already have company letters justifying more than 3 years of exp.

I think affidavit for other 2 years (TCS) will work.

Kindly guide.

Thank you in advance.