+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from Employer issue.

sunny7

Dec 20, 2015
Hello folks! I am delighted to be posting my first post on this forum. I must appreciate and applaud the efforts being put in by the forum members. I hope I too would be able to add my two cents sometimes soon. Keep up the good work guys. Cheerzz!!

I am trying to get a reference letters from all my employers. I have had three different employers in the past 4 years. I have created a common format of the reference letter and would be giving them to my past employers to convert it to an official format. I reckon most will change it as per the company policy.
I have a query regarding the "Responsibility" section on the reference letter. In case they dont change it, just assume they are as lazy as me ;) , and all my reference letters end up having the same responsibility section. Will this be a problem for the VO and can he reject my case on this basis?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely a potential issue here. Remember your Case is likely to be handled by 1 case officer. They are likely to get suspicious about 1 job description being exactly the same for 3 or 4 different businesses.

If they get very suspicious there is a chance they may question your Employer in detail or look up the job ad to find discrepancies. If discrepancies do exist they may call you for an explanation or worse accuse you of misrepresentation.

Why don't you tailor the letter to the duties in the job ad or if you don't have the job ad to what you actually do on a day to day basis? Doing this reduces the risk of suspicion because its true.

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VO is not the kinda guy you wanna take chances with.

I would advise NOT to have all of them have the same content as it will look fabricated and the officer can deny your application without further explanation. Plus, I have seen in many forums to not have your responsibilities mentioned just like how it is shown in the CIC website. Luckily, its Sunday and I hope you have enough time to call the HR and give them a heads up.

sunny7

Dec 20, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion @JoacRy and @Lubin. I was a programmer in all my jobs. So mostly the profile remained the same in all the jobs. Thanks to your inputs, I shall still modify the reference letters and then shall send it to the employers. Thanks again.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
It can be a thin line sometimes between trying to get the NOC description right without making it look like it was just copued from their noc website.

I think as long as each letter is different and they dont look lije carbon copies of each other, you shoukd be fine.

I also provided my employers with a template so they knew what to include. Just make sure you dont use the same wording and there shoukdnt be any issues.

Good luck and I hope it all works out well for you.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
sunny7 said:
Hello folks! I am delighted to be posting my first post on this forum. I must appreciate and applaud the efforts being put in by the forum members. I hope I too would be able to add my two cents sometimes soon. Keep up the good work guys. Cheerzz!!

I am trying to get a reference letters from all my employers. I have had three different employers in the past 4 years. I have created a common format of the reference letter and would be giving them to my past employers to convert it to an official format. I reckon most will change it as per the company policy.
I have a query regarding the "Responsibility" section on the reference letter. In case they dont change it, just assume they are as lazy as me ;) , and all my reference letters end up having the same responsibility section. Will this be a problem for the VO and can he reject my case on this basis?
Since your job profile was same across all employers, responsibilities could be the same. No issues. I didn't change myself n worked well.