+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter for previous contract position

Jul 11, 2016
Hello,

I had been previously working for a recruitment agency where I was contracted to work fulltime/temporary for a different company. I am trying to get a reference letter for that position now and was wondering if I have to get it from the recruitment agency or the company where they sent me. I am no longer at that company so it will be hard for me to get the letter from them. Also if someone here has been in this same situation I will be grateful if you can point me to a previous post where I can see a sample of the reference letter provided.

Thanks.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xander05151987 said:
Hello,

I had been previously working for a recruitment agency where I was contracted to work fulltime/temporary for a different company. I am trying to get a reference letter for that position now and was wondering if I have to get it from the recruitment agency or the company where they sent me. I am no longer at that company so it will be hard for me to get the letter from them. Also if someone here has been in this same situation I will be grateful if you can point me to a previous post where I can see a sample of the reference letter provided.

Thanks.

You need later from the company who were paying your salary doesn't matter where you work.

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
I am going through a similar tricky situation as well. The company which employed me does not know the complete details of the job responsibilities. Only the client company knows the details of the projects I worked on.
I am getting a letter from my official employer with all details needed by CIC except job duties and another from the client company which lists my job responsibilities. Does the sound reasonable?
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
xander05151987 said:
Hello,

Many people have been in the same situation. The short answer - it is best to get letters from both. The recruitment agency was your employer and will have to provide the letter including details regarding remuneration. The client letter will attest to your working hours and job duties/responsibilities.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was working for a company as a contractor who had hired an agency to deal with payments and stuff. So I was on paper employee of that agency and my company was their client. However, the agency really had no value because they were just middlemen hired by the company whom I actually worked with. So I got letter from my supervisor within my company and not some agency.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
immigrationfun said:
I am going through a similar tricky situation as well. The company which employed me does not know the complete details of the job responsibilities. Only the client company knows the details of the projects I worked on.
I am getting a letter from my official employer with all details needed by CIC except job duties and another from the client company which lists my job responsibilities. Does the sound reasonable?
Thanks
I think this is reasonable!

Jul 11, 2016
Thanks guys. I have requested a letter from the recruiting agency and will try to get one from my former supervisor if I can .

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrationfun said:
Thanks
This might sound weird but you does not have any relation with client company where you work. You only need one letter which is from the company that pays you. In your letter as a part of job duties you can add section like
Work allocation : Client Company
  • Stuff1 you did/do for client company
  • Stuff2....
  • Stuff3....

I hope this make sense to you.