+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter, Expierence letter

Po0oyaa

May 4, 2017
Hello all,

I have some questions I would appreciate if someone can help me out. I am applying for EE as an electrical Engineer

Q1: The first company I worked for has given a letter with the job title Junior Electrical Engineer, Can I claim that as experience as electrical engineer or not?

Q2: One of the companies I worked with would not give me the letter in the format required. Only a format of Certificate of experience which doesn't include duties etc.. I understand I have to get a reference letter from a supervisor or a Co-worker and get it notarized. Does anyone have a format for that letter to help me out?

Q3: the reference letter from the co-worker would be on company letter head is that okay?

Q4: where and how do I get it notarized? Canadian embassy in my country?

Q5: Do I need to get a letter for all my years of working experience or only the 3 years that I would get points for?

Indi- canada

Nov 13, 2015
mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello all,

I have some questions I would appreciate if someone can help me out. I am applying for EE as an electrical Engineer

Q1: The first company I worked for has given a letter with the job title Junior Electrical Engineer, Can I claim that as experience as electrical engineer or not?

Q2: One of the companies I worked with would not give me the letter in the format required. Only a format of Certificate of experience which doesn't include duties etc.. I understand I have to get a reference letter from a supervisor or a Co-worker and get it notarized. Does anyone have a format for that letter to help me out?

Q3: the reference letter from the co-worker would be on company letter head is that okay?

Q5: Do I need to get a letter for all my years of working experience or only the 3 years that I would get points for?
Your job title is not important. CIC will check your duties and responsibilities related your NOC.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Company letter head will do. if that's not possible letter on the plain pepper along with visiting card of your supervisor and proper LOE will help.

not sure

you will get maximum points for 3 years of experience. so if you will get letter for all years that will be the best thing otherwise you can mention it in your personal history.

Reactions: Po0oyaa

Po0oyaa

May 4, 2017
Thanks I appreciate the help. I'm going to start the application.
Where is the personal history? you mean i just enter it in the work history section?

Another question: I had studied in a university but hadn't finished and gotten a degree. I later went to another university and was accredited for some of the subjects i had passed and got my bachelor's degree friom there. I have sent both to WES and they have given an equivalence to Bachelor's degree (four years) on the last degree. the 3 years I had studied the first university says it says: "
The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential."

Do I need to include both in the education history? because at the last university I studied for only a year and a half.

Last edited:

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where is the personal history? you mean i just enter it in the work history section?

Another question: I had studied in a university but hadn't finished and gotten a degree. I later went to another university and was accredited for some of the subjects i had passed and got my bachelor's degree friom there. I have sent both to WES and they have given an equivalence to Bachelor's degree (four years) on the last degree. the 3 years I had studied the first university says it says: "
The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential."

Do I need to include both in the education history? because at the last university I studied for only a year and a half.
I had a similar scenario where i transferred to a different institution. According to my lawyer, you have to include all in yhe educational history section and for the ones that are not comparable you have to select 'no eca...' from the dropdown.

Reactions: Po0oyaa

Po0oyaa

May 4, 2017
I had a similar scenario where i transferred to a different institution. According to my lawyer, you have to include all in yhe educational history section and for the ones that are not comparable you have to select 'no eca...' from the dropdown.

thanks for the info. so I'll include it.

Po0oyaa

May 4, 2017

Just this question left and I'll be ready to apply.

to elaborate. I have 3 years of experience prior to my current job. For the current job i might not be able to get a letter from the company for obvious reasons.
So do i only write the 3 years experience that I want to get points for in the work history? or do I include the current job as well? If I do include it would it be ok if I showed proof only for the 3 years I'm claiming points for?