+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter / Employment Letter

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
I've had this debate on the forum many times over and I still firmly believe that CIC expects applicants to be cognizant of the fact that the system gives them points almost a month in advance and that, sometimes, they don't deserve those points yet. In such cases, recommend declining any ITA received on the basis of such points and waiting for the subsequent draws when one can rightfully claim the ITA.

Others disagree though.

Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake.asp
Then what about cases where applicant had only 11 months 10 days experience and he is no longer working in that job. And he is never going to achieve full 12 months work experience in that job. But CIC gave the score for 1 year since the tool asks only for month and year.

He truthfully entered the information in CIC tool , CIC calculated the score and CIC only gave ITA. Where is the candidate here? He did only what was asked of him :'(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainp14Dec said:
Then what about cases where applicant had only 11 months 10 days experience and he is no longer working in that job. And he is never going to achieve full 12 months work experience in that job. But CIC gave the score for 1 year since the tool asks only for month and year.

He truthfully entered the information in CIC tool , CIC calculated the score and CIC only gave ITA. Where is the candidate here? He did only what was asked of him :'(
Very true. But CIC states the eligibility requirements upfront and the onus is on the applicant to be cognizant of the fact that they are ineligible rather than attempt to use a (deliberate?) glitch in the CIC tool to declare themselves as eligible.

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
Very true. But CIC states the eligibility requirements upfront and the onus is on the applicant to be cognizant of the fact that they are ineligible rather than attempt to use a (deliberate?) glitch in the CIC tool to declare themselves as eligible.
So, for such cases if the number of work hours (40 hrs per week * say 50 weeks and not complete 52 weeks) are >= 1 year full time, they should be eligible, since they considere part time work experience also as part of it, correct?

Below link for reference:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainp14Dec said:
So, for such cases if the number of work hours (40 hrs per week * say 50 weeks and not complete 52 weeks) are >= 1 year full time, they should be eligible, since they considere part time work experience also as part of it, correct?

No. Those 2 conditions have to be met separately and collectively. Even if you have worked for 1 year (52 weeks) you will need to have worked for at least 1560 hours. Even if you have worked for 1560 hours, you will need to have worked for 1 year (52 weeks).

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
ainp14Dec said:

This is exactly my case my friend! :( I have 11 months and 10 days full time work experience continuous and then there is a month break and another job which was part time for 13 months. I am hoping for VO's mercy here :( Havent been rejected nor granted PPR. Still waiting..

ounjal

Jul 19, 2015
EFK said:
What about countries that don't have tax?? I.e GCC countries..
Do we need to mention anywhere that there is no tax?
IT doesn't not count as work if not taxed.

sam@22668

Sep 27, 2017
This is exactly my case my friend! :( I have 11 months and 10 days full time work experience continuous and then there is a month break and another job which was part time for 13 months. I am hoping for VO's mercy here :( Havent been rejected nor granted PPR. Still waiting..
Hi Bro,

I am also in the similar case. Did you get a PR as per the work history you mentioned of 11 months and 10 days. Please guide me.