+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFERENCE LETTER DILEMMA

Jerich

Apr 22, 2019
Good day everyone ,

i am post ITA, and my 60 days grace to submit application is about to elapse.

i am finding it difficult to conclude on the best option to go concerning reference letter and how to apply it to suite my case.

here it is.

i gained employment as ( News Editor II) in 2013, i was promoted to

(News Editor) in 2017. Although ,salary was upgraded ,but Job description remained the same till date.

While filling the form pre- ITA , in the work experience section , i filled (News Editor) as work and i put 2013 till date without separating the employment and promotion since job description are the same and same noc.

Questions

What are the possible options that I need to apply without getting a rejection or ADR from CIC.

Should i separate it by title and years and attach same reference letter in each section

i.e News Editor II (2013-2016)

News editor (2017- till date)

The attach same reference letter in the place holders
Or
Should I just upload it as one and attach promotion letter and employment letter
I.E News Editor ( 2013 – 2017)

Attach employment letter + promotion letter in one place holder.

Pls advice is needed urgently
please note , should i get my reference letter re-issued to carry both positions or will only News Editor suffice . since the only difference both tittle is the roman numeral (II)
reference letter carries only News Editor , while promotion and employment letter carries News Editor II and News Editor.
Also, reference letter only carried current anual salary.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either way is fine as the NOC remained the same. If anything do have a small sentence describing the fact that you were promoted but the duties/responsibilities remained unchanged.

Jerich

Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for your prompt response .
Pls more detailed response will be appreciated based on how elaborate my post is.