+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter containing working hours

kunalkaul003

Apr 14, 2017
Hi guys ,

As per Canada immigration requirement it requires the employer to mention the work hours load of employee in the reference letter but my employer refuses to mention the working hours in the letter. Instead they mentioned just the time period I was employed with them and they have mentioned that I was employed as full time employee.
Now my worry is will this reference letter work or not?
What should I do in order to b sure that no questions are being raised.
Thanks
Kunal

Reactions: Jo1984

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys ,

As per Canada immigration requirement it requires the employer to mention the work hours load of employee in the reference letter but my employer refuses to mention the working hours in the letter. Instead they mentioned just the time period I was employed with them and they have mentioned that I was employed as full time employee.
Now my worry is will this reference letter work or not?
What should I do in order to b sure that no questions are being raised.
Thanks
Kunal
Do you have a copy of your employment contract and does it mention the number of hours considered as full time? You could upload a copy of the contract with your reference letter and also include a brief note mentioning that you have included the contract to clarify the number of hours you worked.

Reactions: kunalkaul003

kunalkaul003

Apr 14, 2017
I have a copy on employment offer. I think so it mentions working hours required . I will have a look and if it’s there then yes I l use that as well.

thanks a ton

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a copy on employment offer. I think so it mentions working hours required . I will have a look and if it’s there then yes I l use that as well.

thanks a ton
You are welcome. Also pay slips might work, if they contain any information regarding the number of hours worked.

kunalkaul003

Apr 14, 2017
You are welcome. Also pay slips might work, if they contain any information regarding the number of hours worked.
Hi,
I had another doubt regarding employment proof.
Is there fix number on the ITR that we have to show? Like can I show only my last 2 years of income tax return while I was working. Will it be enough? Also since last 2 years I have been studying my masters so I do not have any ITR.
So what would be the best solution?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi,
I had another doubt regarding employment proof.
Is there fix number on the ITR that we have to show? Like can I show only my last 2 years of income tax return while I was working. Will it be enough? Also since last 2 years I have been studying my masters so I do not have any ITR.
So what would be the best solution?
Showing an ITA is not mandatory. For employment proof, the letter is more important, followed by pay slips. If you do not have ITRs, it is not an issue.

Last edited: