+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter Concern - Should I Send Additional Documentation via Case Specific Enquiry?

adatta

Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

I submitted e-APR on 7 August and received AOR same day. I work as Civil and Water Resources Engineering Intern and am working towards P.Eng. designation. I applied under NOC 2131. I have a concern regarding the employment reference letter that was issued by my HR department. The job responsibilities they put are as follows:
- Provides technical design support to Project Managers for civil and water resources projects;
- Prepares construction cost estimates, proposals and technical reports under the guidance of a Professional Engineer;
- Coordinates with clients and internal staff member to move projects forward;
- Mentors co-op students.

My concern after reading other threads on this forum, is that this is too vague and may not exactly match the NOC job description http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2131&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Do you think I should submit a case specific enquiry and ask my workplace to provide more detailed job description? Or is what I have submitted sufficient for NOC A category?

Any help is appreciated!

CEC2018

Aug 11, 2018
I have incurred a similar problem with my application. My job did not fit the NOC Code I applied for. I'm trying to change it to a different NOC code now.