+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter - Canadian experience

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hello,

For Canadian experience reference letter, is it mandatory to put NOC code of the job in it? I couldnt find this information in CIC requirement list. Can anyone please clarify this?

Thanks,

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
One more question. I have only 6 month experience in Canada, so is it really necessary to provide reference letter for this job? Actually this doesnt make any difference in my points for fsw. And I found a clause in cic rules for the old fsw scheme: "if you and/or your accompanying spouse or common in law partner have engaged in full time work in Canada with appropriate authorization, for a period of at least one year in the past 10 years, provide letter of reference....."

Any idea about rules in express entry?

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
Hello,

For Canadian experience reference letter, is it mandatory to put NOC code of the job in it? I couldnt find this information in CIC requirement list. Can anyone please clarify this?

Thanks,
If known. But didn't you need to specify the NOC code on the other forms? If you can, add it. If not, the title and duties should suffice, i believe.

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Mutair said:
If known. But didn't you need to specify the NOC code on the other forms? If you can, add it. If not, the title and duties should suffice, i believe.
What if your title and roles and responsibilities are of a specific NOC that qualifies for EE but in HR's system, it's a lower NOC code. What do you do then?

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
questionsasked said:
What if your title and roles and responsibilities are of a specific NOC that qualifies for EE but in HR's system, it's a lower NOC code. What do you do then?
I am in the same boat. My paystubs say "Customer Service Representative" but in actuality I am a "Customer Service Supervisor."

All in all, they care for the reference letter and contracts more than what's in the HR's system. Does your contract state the title referred to by NOC or the lower NOC?

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
One more question. I have only 6 month experience in Canada, so is it really necessary to provide reference letter for this job? Actually this doesnt make any difference in my points for fsw. And I found a clause in cic rules for the old fsw scheme: "if you and/or your accompanying spouse or common in law partner have engaged in full time work in Canada with appropriate authorization, for a period of at least one year in the past 10 years, provide letter of reference....."

Any idea about rules in express entry?
How do you qualify for FSW or CEC if you have less than 6 months? Or are you applying based on a different job? You need minimum 1 year in NOC 0,A,B for CEC/FSW. Once you've completed 1 year then you can apply

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
I dnt think cic officer ask this question from HR's about the noc. All they care about is role and responsibilities. I know some companies try to keep the noc level low as they dont want to pay the minimum wage applies to that noc.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Mutair said:
How do you qualify for FSW or CEC if you have less than 6 months? Or are you applying based on a different job? You need minimum 1 year in NOC 0,A,B for CEC/FSW. Once you've completed 1 year then you can apply
i have 3 years of foreign experience and masters from Canada.

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Mutair said:
I am in the same boat. My paystubs say "Customer Service Representative" but in actuality I am a "Customer Service Supervisor."

All in all, they care for the reference letter and contracts more than what's in the HR's system. Does your contract state the title referred to by NOC or the lower NOC?

My title and job responsibilities are exact same as the higher NOC, including the education and past experience needed to get to this position. I compared everything. However, in the HR's system they have a lower NOC for some weird reason -_-

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Malik87 said:
I dnt think cic officer ask this question from HR's about the noc. All they care about is role and responsibilities. I know some companies try to keep the noc level low as they dont want to pay the minimum wage applies to that noc.
That's basically it. It boggles my mind, especially going through this process and having to find out that the NOC I thought I was, isn't actually the case in HR's system.

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
questionsasked said:
My title and job responsibilities are exact same as the higher NOC, including the education and past experience needed to get to this position. I compared everything. However, in the HR's system they have a lower NOC for some weird reason -_-
it should be fine. i wouldn't worry about the HR's title. My friend just got his PR and his HR's role is lower than what he applied for NOC.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
SAJ_ee2015 said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Under Canadian Experience Class, NOC Code is optional in the Employer Reference Letter.