+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference draft, please review and let me know if this looks good

t1zxz003

Dec 9, 2019
I plan to use my TA and RA experience during my phd years to claim the 3 year working history. Here is the draft i prepared for my ph.D. adviser to sign.

Could you please let me know if this format is acceptable? Thanks,

To Whom It May Concern,

Present reference letter is to support of the application of XXX, citizen of XXX, who joined YYY on 08/2011 and had been employed by XXXXX Univ. as Teaching Assistant (08/2011 – 04/2014, part-time 20 hours/week, annual salary $30,000) and Research Assistant (05/2014 – 05/2018, part-time 20 hours/week, annual salary $30,000) during his Ph.D. years.

My name is YYY. I am an assistant professor of XXX department at XXX University. I am XXX’s direct supervisor during his Ph.D. years and I can attest that since the commencement of his duties, XXX demonstrated strong diligence, perseverance and professionalism in his day-to-day performance.

As a TA (08/2011 – 04/2014), XX had been assigned to teach courses in XX department of XX University. His responsibilities include:
· Conduct Q&A seminars, discussion groups and lab sessions to supplement lectures
· Grade examinations, homework, term papers, and laboratory reports
· Assist the preparation and administration of mid-term and final examinations

As a RA (05/2014 – 05/2018), XXX worked on developing XXXXX algorithms for improving XXXXX (brief introduction of projects). His responsibilities include:
· Perform literature review, surveys, laboratory experiments for scholarly publication
· Compile experimental results and assist professors in the analysis of these results and publish these results as first author or co-author in prestigious, peer-reviewed academic journals and conferences

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email address] or [phone number].

Sincerely,

[Please insert name and signature here]