+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reentry into Canada from U.S. on a single entry visa

karachi140

Nov 1, 2008
hi,
i have a single entry wx1 worker visa which is exempted from work permit. Though the purpose of my trip is finished,the visa is valid till october. i have to go to usa for a conference but my flight is scheduled from toronto back to my country in september.can i reenter into canada on this visa a day before my flight.if not, what could be the alternative for getting to my flight from toronto?

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
The single entry visa can be used for repeated entries from USA or St. Pierre et Miquelon if you do not enter another country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/visit-faq01.asp.

boomshakala

Aug 7, 2009
i hav a multiple entry visa on my passport that will expire on october 2009 but my work permit will expire on 2011 coz i renewed it.i dont intend to go out of canada,should i still renew my visa?

boomshakala

Aug 7, 2009
how can i renew it?coz i read online that it should be outside of canada?should i send it back to the phil?is there a specific office where i can send my passport/

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The US is closer.
NB:
"Persons lawfully admitted to the United States or Canada may submit TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT applications, either in person or by mail, at any of the six Canadian Visa Offices listed below:
Buffalo
Detroit
Los Angeles
New York
Seattle
Washington

It is advisable to choose the Visa Office nearest your current place of residence. ...

For Visa Office Specific instructions, visit the webpage of the office where you will submit your application."
Excerpt from this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng#PASSPORT

boomshakala

Aug 7, 2009
my PR is alrdy in process in d philippines,shud i still renew my visa or shud i jus w8 for my PR?sorry,it's jus that i rly dont intend to go back to d phil,i jus want to w8 for my PR but im not sure if theyl deport me because of my expired visa even if i have a valid work permit...

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
If your work permit is valid then you can work even if your visa expires.

If your PR application is in progress then there are chances that your temporary resident visa (TRV) might be refused (CIC would assume that you might overstay).