+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Record of Employment

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recently I have logged into my Service Canada Account, and to my surprise that my previously employer has NOT filed any Record of Employment for me. I have stopped working for them since my previous work permit expired and later I got my BOWP and started working for another employer.

I wonder if ROE is important to my CEC application? Should I ask them to submit it now (after several months?)

Thanks!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROE is not needed for CEC app. As long as you have a solid ref letter from the relevant employers you will be fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
928029 said:
Recently I have logged into my Service Canada Account, and to my surprise that my previously employer has NOT filed any Record of Employment for me. I have stopped working for them since my previous work permit expired and later I got my BOWP and started working for another employer.

I wonder if ROE is important to my CEC application? Should I ask them to submit it now (after several months?)
An employer is legally required to submit a record of employment to Service Canada within 5 days of ending employment - their main purpose is for calculating eligibility for EI benefits. If they submit on paper, they are REQUIRED to give you a copy within 5 days. Or they submit electronically (and you can download).

If you were an hourly employee, the ROE can sometimes help as proof of hours. Otherwise, there is no real need for CEC applications.

But you should request that your employer provide the ROE because it is important to have that information on record with Service Canada. If they refuse, you can ask Service Canada for assistance.