+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
1) WES ECA didn't include my second degree in summary
2) I didn't provide IT returns because I didn't file any so officer was not satisfied with work experience
3) Gift deed was not accepted.

For second application,
1) I replaced WES ECA with IQAS which included both degrees in summary.
2) I filed 2 years tax returns
3) Funds got corrected on its own since I had the money for over a year in my account so gift deed was not required this time.

I felt my second case will be heavily scrutinised because of the refusal but the processing went super smooth and was not asked for any ADRs. I was surprised by how quick it went.
OK. Good for you that everything worked out well. Although I am a little concerned now as my application is still in process.

I have also used WES and only my second degree (masters) was evaluated. My first degree wasn't evaluated since I am claiming points for masters.

I have also used a gift deed and included all the transaction proof along with a six month statement. I really hope that will be enough.

Were you applying from inside Canada?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
OK. Good for you that everything worked out well. Although I am a little concerned now as my application is still in process.

I have also used WES and only my second degree (masters) was evaluated. My first degree wasn't evaluated since I am claiming points for masters.

I have also used a gift deed and included all the transaction proof along with a six month statement. I really hope that will be enough.

Were you applying from inside Canada?
I'm outside Canada. 2 days after I received COPR pandemic took over the world.

WES evaluation is strange. I had a bachelors(3 years) and diploma(1 year). WES evaluated them both as one and made my bachelors as 4 years in the summary. IQAS correctly evaluated them and as Bachelors(3 years) and Diploma(1 year) in the summary.

I think you will be fine. If they haven't asked any ADRs yet then its all good. Stay positive!!

shuyangg

May 24, 2017
If it got cancelled then your application was incomplete I'm not sure reconsideration request will be considered. Better file a new application.

Chances of them changing decision in reconsideration is minimal. Also, there is no set timeline for reconsideration so it could take months to hear a decision.

My first application was rejected after 10 months. I sent in a reconsideration request on the same day, then a month later reapplied with a stronger application. My second application got approved in 4 months. About 3 weeks later, my first application reconsideration request was cancelled and file closed

Hi, may I ask how you file the reconsideration request?
I got a refusal letter for my visitor record application (no 90 days restoration time), and it is impossible for me to leave Canada during coronavirus since there is no flights available.

So I think reconsideration request might be my only chances to stay legally in Canada during this time.

Could u plz share the links that you use to file the reconsideration request? Thank you for your help

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi, may I ask how you file the reconsideration request?
I got a refusal letter for my visitor record application (no 90 days restoration time), and it is impossible for me to leave Canada during coronavirus since there is no flights available.

So I think reconsideration request might be my only chances to stay legally in Canada during this time.

Could u plz share the links that you use to file the reconsideration request? Thank you for your help
I raised a webform providing new information and requested for reconsideration.

Chances of reconsideration requests being successful is minimal. It is better to reapply.

mahib

Apr 12, 2020
Wow! Rejected after 10 months and the second approved after 4 months. That's one happy ending story.

Why were you rejected?
so the status of my application now is canceled, but every time I try to start a new application I get a message saying that I have an application in progress, how can I start a new application??

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
so the status of my application now is canceled, but every time I try to start a new application I get a message saying that I have an application in progress, how can I start a new application??
Even I have same issue,I withdraw my application and trying to add new one,But getting message already application in progress

Sfzh

Sep 30, 2020
Dear all

My application hot cancelled as incomplete and i requested reconsideration and simultaneously created another profile and submitted a stronger application. After 3 weeks my cancelled profile got reopened. Now i have 2 applications simultanuesly and ircc is requesting for payment on the reopened application since this had been refunded. What should I do?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
1) WES ECA didn't include my second degree in summary
2) I didn't provide IT returns because I didn't file any so officer was not satisfied with work experience
3) Gift deed was not accepted.

For second application,
1) I replaced WES ECA with IQAS which included both degrees in summary.
2) I filed 2 years tax returns
3) Funds got corrected on its own since I had the money for over a year in my account so gift deed was not required this time.

I felt my second case will be heavily scrutinised because of the refusal but the processing went super smooth and was not asked for any ADRs. I was surprised by how quick it went.
Hi there , what kind of ADRs did you got for your first rejected application ? And did you get an RPRF request at the time ?

Babst

Feb 20, 2021
Either wait or drop a fresh application.

They usually respond in a month with the status.

If you think you are missing document. Collect the document & drop fresh application, you can run both applications simultaneously.
Dear Ramavanthshankar, was your online profile updated from refused to submitted at all after IRCC acknowledged your reconsideration letter or an email was just sent to you to reject your reconsideration application again

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
Dear all

My application hot cancelled as incomplete and i requested reconsideration and simultaneously created another profile and submitted a stronger application. After 3 weeks my cancelled profile got reopened. Now i have 2 applications simultanuesly and ircc is requesting for payment on the reopened application since this had been refunded. What should I do?
Hi I'm in a similar situation. How did they let you know they reopened the application? Was it by email or did you get an update in your account?

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Dear Ramavanthshankar, was your online profile updated from refused to submitted at all after IRCC acknowledged your reconsideration letter or an email was just sent to you to reject your reconsideration application again
Hello! May I know how your reconsideration request turned out and the timeline involved? Thanks in advance.

Rohit1992

Apr 12, 2019
Hi I applied for reconsideration. Below is the mail received on 8th. What is the next step & how many days i need to wait before i start my fresh PR APPLICATION.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding a reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

How do we apply for reconsideration

jnr38

May 3, 2023
Can anyone show me how to apply for reconsideration? Do you write formally to the Visa Office? If it is webform, which options do you use? I don't see any option on the web form for reconsideration.