+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request pending

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
Hi
My visit visa from India was refused on June 6th. In Gcms and cbsa notes I understood that there was an error on their part. So I applied for reconsideration on 8th Aug. On 16th October I got a reapply from IRCC stating that after verification my request has been forwarded to the responsible office. Is it a positive reply? Does that mean that my file has been reopened?
Till now I haven't got any update. It's almost 45 days

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
My visit visa from India was refused on June 6th. In Gcms and cbsa notes I understood that there was an error on their part. So I applied for reconsideration on 8th Aug. On 16th October I got a reapply from IRCC stating that after verification my request has been forwarded to the responsible office. Is it a positive reply? Does that mean that my file has been reopened?
Till now I haven't got any update. It's almost 45 days
It just means your file has been sent to the right office. Doesn’t mean it is reopened. Why didn’t you just reapply as it would have been faster.

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
This is my 4th refusal. I met every possible requirement and uploaded all the documents. I am fed-up of reapplying. Moreover this time it's clearly error on their side. So I thought I will try reconsideration.
Now I got my US visa approved. How can I inform embassy? Please guide me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is my 4th refusal. I met every possible requirement and uploaded all the documents. I am fed-up of reapplying. Moreover this time it's clearly error on their side. So I thought I will try reconsideration.
Now I got my US visa approved. How can I inform embassy? Please guide me.
Raise it in a webform. Having a US visa may not get your TRV approved after 4 refusals. You have yet to visit the US.