+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration Processing Time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The below is what we got; first time we did a stronger SOP and submitted, the earlier refusal for study permit said Subsection 216(1) purpose of your visit and now the below, never visited or travel abroad from India, how could this be? error? would appreciate if anyone had this before.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of
admission on a previous stay in Canada.
Order GCMS notes for full reasons.

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Order GCMS notes to find full reasons for refusal. Did you order notes the first time and address the reasons in the second refusal. What does your letter fully state?
I can't believe IRCC making such kind of error.

My brother applied for study permit (SDS) india and he got refusal reason for ETA. India is not even eligible for ETA.
Refusal reason-YOU DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR AN ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION AS PER 7.01(2) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION REGULATIONS, AS OUR RECORDS INDICATE THAT YOU DID NOT HOLD A CANADIAN TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA AT ANY TIME DURING THE 10-YEAR PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DAY ON WHICH YOU MADE YOUR APPLICATION, OR YOU DID NOT HOLD A VALID UNITED STATES NON IMMIGRANT VISA ON THE DAY IN WHICH YOU MADE YOUR APPLICATION.”

In our case it is not possible at all. Moreover, my brother did hold visitor visa in 2017-2018. Also visited Canada for 3 weeks as well.

We have applied for reconsideration through webform on 14th June, 2022. Still waiting for their reply.

Any suggestions guys?????

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Reconsideration email takes good 2 weeks or more to get an answer. we had similar unreasonable reason too, later they said a refusal with generic reason, so we opted for JR and got our Study permit. i suggest you order gcms notes to find out the exact reasons, it takes more than 30days to get them

Reactions: HKB_25

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Reconsideration email takes good 2 weeks or more to get an answer. we had similar unreasonable reason too, later they said a refusal with generic reason, so we opted for JR and got our Study permit. i suggest you order gcms notes to find out the exact reasons, it takes more than 30days to get them
Thank you for replying.
We applied for GCMS notes as well. Did you apply for re-consideration as well? Did they re-open your case , if yes? How much JR process cost? Do you know any lawyer which can advise us?
Any suggestion or advise is welcomed.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance" from the university.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Please provide an updated LOA or proof from the university that you will still be accepted into your program.

This must be received at this office by: 2022/07/17

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

What are the chances of PPR Now?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you