+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

recommended path for digital nomad?

required2000

May 28, 2023
I am a remote tech worker for the past 8 years. I work for a large multinational company with offices in Canada

In other words, if I move to Canada, I do not need employment.

Which path allows me to move to Canada while keeping my current job?

Is it easier if my current employer relocates me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a remote tech worker for the past 8 years. I work for a large multinational company with offices in Canada

Do you want to immigrate? No paths. If the company has offices in Canada then your employer must apply for a LMIA exemption (proving no Canadian employees have the technical knowledge) and the once LMIA is approved, you apply for a closed work permit. The employer must specific a location to work from so you would need to work from that location.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Look at Express Entry for immigration. You need to have a score of around 480+ to have a solid chance of being selected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Unless you are wanting to immigrate to Canada bring a digital nomad in your situation will be difficult. As a PR you would then have to pay Canadian taxes on your income if you become a tax resident. The fact that your employer has offices in Canada makes your ability to be a digital nomad in Canada much more complex. What are you trying to do as a digital nomad? How long are you wanting to stay in Canada? Are you trying to minimize the taxes you pay by being a digital nomad?