+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

recommended immigration agent

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Has anyone had a good experience with an immigration agent. I am thinking of hiring one to help me out. Any leads or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Anna999 said:
Has anyone had a good experience with an immigration agent. I am thinking of hiring one to help me out. Any leads or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
You really should spend the time on this forum and save the money. Unless you have something very complicated. Everything you need to know is on this forum.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Anna999 said:
Thank you
Through reading of the Application Guide and Application Forms is very important.
Collecting all the required documentation is very important

In my point of view there is no Rocket science in above said two items, Normally we make human errors so don’t rush in filling up the forms on last day, give enough time for multiple readings, may be even by someone in your family.

I agree with “Sous02”, initially while I was sponsoring my parents, I did what I said above but I was not aware of this forum, and I was in search of an immigration consultant, and he has demanded 3.5k per applicant.

But after spending lot of time on the forum, I came to know a lot of information and got lots of support from folks who are ahead of me

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Anna999 said:
Thank you
We were quoted 10-13k $ for my spouse at an Immigration Lawyer. Including meds, transcription, etc etc.

We did one consult to ask case specific questions, then did the rest ourselves. Once you wrap your head around what they are asking for, the forms are easy.

The CIC officers are people too. If you can satisfy the questions, it's easy. The problem is what seems obvious to you (a genuine relationship, for example) may seem full of red flags to others.

So my advice, FWIW: do it yourself, and have a friend or two review it objectively.

Any problem you cannot figure out how to solve, can be solved here, or at a local MPs office. Only extreme cases should use a lawyer or even a consultant.

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you everyone, I am finding this very confusing my situation is certainly not straightforward.

In a nutshell, I came here on a spouse visa and I got an open work permit which expires in June. I have a full time job that has offered to sponsor me. I was advised to go for an LMIA as then I can fast track for PR which is my ultimate goal. My employer completed the form and posted it early November yet we still have heard nothing and the payment has not been taken from the account.

I am now a little concerned as time is a factor. I have now come across the sinp which I am looking into.

I have no family and do not want to put too much on my boss as at the end of the day I am just staff, so thought a sure safe bet would be an expert to do things for me. Thank you for encouraging me everyonoe

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Anna999 said:
Thank you everyone, I am finding this very confusing my situation is certainly not straightforward.

In a nutshell, I came here on a spouse visa and I got an open work permit which expires in June. I have a full time job that has offered to sponsor me. I was advised to go for an LMIA as then I can fast track for PR which is my ultimate goal. My employer completed the form and posted it early November yet we still have heard nothing and the payment has not been taken from the account.

I am now a little concerned as time is a factor. I have now come across the sinp which I am looking into.

I have no family and do not want to put too much on my boss as at the end of the day I am just staff, so thought a sure safe bet would be an expert to do things for me. Thank you for encouraging me everyonoe
I'm confused. You came here on a Spouse Visa and you have an Open Work Permit.
What's the status of your Sponsorship application for PR ?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Anna999 said:

Is your spouse a PR or a Canadian citizen? If no, then you are posting in the wrong section. Given that you said you came on a spouse visa, it sounds as though your spouse is/was a foreign worker or a student. If that's the case, and you are still together (another post mentioned that the relationship has ended), then you would apply for PR together. If you are not together, then you'll need to see how/if you qualify for PR on your own.
I'd recommend you look at the Express Entry or PNP sections of the forum for more information.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Anna999 said:

Okay, I've just read more of our earlier posts to get an idea of your situation.
You are right, your situation is complex.
You've asked several times about an immigration lawyer or representative.
There are many and I don't know of any by reputation. I'm not associated with any.
I'll just point out that this forum is hosted on the website of an Immigration services firm.
www.canadavisa.com

You could try googling and making an inquiry with 2 or 3 such firms and see what they tell you about their fees etc.

Now, the following is only MY opinion, not based on anything except my own preference:
but if I were you I would probably check out the established firms like the one in the link
which seem to be well staffed and have a good history.

Although there may be many legitimate immigration lawyers / consultants who work for themselves
out of small offices or homes with no additional staff, I would be more comfortable with an established
firm.

But before you take that step and expense you should try to inquire on the application your employer sent on your behalf.
There is no reason to be shy about asking your employer. They already went to the trouble to fill out the form, so they are
serious about wanting to hire you. They're familiar with the process. Ask them. You might save yourself many thousands of dollars.

Good Luck

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you all.

I did contact the relevant organisation inquiring about my LMIA but they said it was confidential, so my employer contacted them and it turns out it has not even been looked at yet, so I guess I will have to be patient. I am learning it can take up to 20 weeks !! Good grief.

To the person whom asked how I was on an open permit, if you come as a spouse and want to work that is the visa you get given.

Thank you