+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recommendations for Ottawa neighborhoods

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hey folks. I'm thinking of buying a house (single family, detached) in Ottawa. Any recommendations for neighborhoods there? What do you like/don't like about those neighborhoods?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey folks. I'm thinking of buying a house (single family, detached) in Ottawa. Any recommendations for neighborhoods there? What do you like/don't like about those neighborhoods?
To broad a question. What is your budget. Do you prefer and older community or newer build suburban community? Where are you working in Ottawa?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
To broad a question. What is your budget. Do you prefer and older community or newer build suburban community? Where are you working in Ottawa?
Budget ~$600K - $1M.
Do you prefer and older community or newer build suburban community?: No preference
Where are you working in Ottawa? - Remote job / retired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Budget ~$600K - $1M.
Do you prefer and older community or newer build suburban community?: No preference
Where are you working in Ottawa? - Remote job / retired.
Do you want a more pedestrian neighbourhood or do you want to live somewhere where you need to drive everywhere? How big a home do you want for the budget?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Do you want a more pedestrian neighbourhood or do you want to live somewhere where you need to drive everywhere? How big a home do you want for the budget?
A pedestrian neighborhood would be ideal but not averse to driving.
Ideally 30 mins drive/public transport from Parliament hill.
Size of home: 4Bed+,2Bath+ and garage (oversize preferred).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A pedestrian neighborhood would be ideal but not averse to driving.
Ideally 30 mins drive/public transport from Parliament hill.
Size of home: 4Bed+,2Bath+ and garage (oversize preferred).
If you want a larger home with an oversized garage and in your price range you essentially have to go newer build and likely the suburbs. Most will take longer than 30 minutes unless there is zero traffic.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
If you want a larger home with an oversized garage and in your price range you essentially have to go newer build and likely the suburbs. Most will take longer than 30 minutes unless there is zero traffic.
Any recommandations for suburban neighborhoods?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any recommandations for suburban neighborhoods?
Really dependent on what housing community and builder you like best and what is actually available for purchase. West end tends to be more expensive than the East end suburbs. Many people are looking for the exact same specs as you. If you are working remotely at least you don’t need factor in being close to good transportation routes. When it comes to the suburbs most who work in downtown Ottawa take public transportation from the suburbs because parking is so expensive.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Really dependent on what housing community and builder you like best and what is actually available for purchase. West end tends to be more expensive than the East end suburbs. Many people are looking for the exact same specs as you. If you are working remotely at least you don’t need factor in being close to good transportation routes. When it comes to the suburbs most who work in downtown Ottawa take public transportation from the suburbs because parking is so expensive.
Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cautioned the neighbors not to argue with me when I first acquired the house because I am a horrible person. I created a shed just for the garage and then put up a fence. went to the store but was unable to locate one. Found Fix Garage Doors and made the decision to place an order. Repairing your garage door could be very difficult. When it comes to situations like this, I always urge customers to hire a pro or just purchase a new door.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fix Garage Doors CA
Why not just go to Home Depot for your shopping needs? You can find shed, fence, garage doors, etc.