+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recommendations for moving company

ayn.rand

Nov 9, 2018
Planning a move from California to Greater Toronto area. We did contact and get quotes from a few companies - UPack, Mayflower, United Van lines. Ideally, we would like a moving company that can offer some form of storage as well for a few weeks if needed. Obviously, UPack is the cheapest, but we have to arrange loading/unloading help separately. It would be very helpful if you guys can share your experiences/feedback. Thanks.

sidharth075

Dec 29, 2021
Planning a move from California to Greater Toronto area. We did contact and get quotes from a few companies - UPack, Mayflower, United Van lines. Ideally, we would like a moving company that can offer some form of storage as well for a few weeks if needed. Obviously, UPack is the cheapest, but we have to arrange loading/unloading help separately. It would be very helpful if you guys can share your experiences/feedback. Thanks.
Hi! Would you mind sharing who you ended up using? And what the experience was like?

Last edited:

sidharth075

Dec 29, 2021
If you are close to the border then try Greyhound shipping till the border then drive your own car/U-Haul to get it home. This would work only for household items and not furnitures.
Unfortunately I’m nowhere close to the border. Self-driving or U-haul isn’t an option for me. Plus, we do have quite a bit of furniture we’d like to take with us.

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Unfortunately I’m nowhere close to the border. Self-driving or U-haul isn’t an option for me. Plus, we do have quite a bit of furniture we’d like to take with us.
Unfortunately, you would have to go the traditional route then. I disposed off all the heavy items and just moved with 7 XL boxes from Home Depot.