+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

recommendation letter from the employer for study permit ?

effi

Mar 22, 2013
Hello, hope u guys doing well, i am going to apply for study permit in few days, i want to know that if i get some type of recommendation letter from my employer like manager or general manager of my factory, stating that i found him hard working and loyal to his work bla bla..... and i am sure that after completing his masters from Canada he can get better job opportunities here or can be very useful for our industry. what u guys think, it will help me ?

effi

Mar 22, 2013
Regina said:
You described everything correctly. Write as you think.
yes, but i want to know that does it make my case strong for visa ? means showing that recommendation letter to VO will make my case stronger ?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it does.
1. it shows your employer knows about your intentions (you are not fleeing secretly :) )
2. it says about some opportunities in your country job market (so you have something to come back :))

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even Am sailing in the same boat... Im also thinking of getting such recommendation letter.. But have few questions -

As how can we make a printout official as it is from my project Manager actually?? As they wont be authorized to give it in the company letter head...

And incase they give... should they address it to the college/university or whomever concern types??
Because am not sure showing a letter addressed to the college/univ will have bigger impact on the Visa or it may?
@Effi - Does your company have sabbatical leave ?? If yes...also you can look at it.. as it also proves that you have strong ties and u will return to the home country.
Appreciate your help...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As how can we make a printout official as it is from my project Manager actually?? As they wont be authorized to give it in the company letter head...
It is OK if it is just a letter. Only all details of the company and the manager (how to reach him) should be in the letter.

And incase they give... should they address it to the college/university or whomever concern types??
It should be written to VISA OFFICE.

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
It is OK if it is just a letter. Only all details of the company and the manager (how to reach him) should be in the letter.
just sent u a PM of my recomm letter... can u pls check that and let me know...?

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aha... No issues... Take ur time.... But appreciate you still out to help people..!!

JAM30

Oct 12, 2022

Does it have to be a manager? I am closer with my supervisor?

dossynoah

Nov 25, 2023
I know this is an old trend. I have been working for an NGO for some years now as a volunteer. My source of income has been from my business. Can I submit reference letter from the NGO and leave letter? For my study visa application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know this is an old trend. I have been working for an NGO for some years now as a volunteer. My source of income has been from my business. Can I submit reference letter from the NGO and leave letter? For my study visa application
What is the purpose of reference letter in a volunteer job for a study permit? Doesn’t add anything having leave as your are a volunteer.