+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reclaim PR card

Mar 18, 2020
I am Rahil and my age is 20. My parents and I went to Canada in 2006 and we three got our PR card. Then my parents forced me to come to India and our PR card was expired in 2014 as they didn't allow me to go back to Canada. But at that time I was a minor and now I want to claim my PR card back after completing my undergraduate studies. So what should I do?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Try applying for a PRTD with an H&C case that you were removed as a minor. You need a PRTD to be able to travel Canada as as when travel is allowed again. You have to be in Canada to apply for a new PR card.

There are many posts on this forum with similar cases.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I am Rahil and my age is 20. My parents and I went to Canada in 2006 and we three got our PR card. Then my parents forced me to come to India and our PR card was expired in 2014 as they didn't allow me to go back to Canada. But at that time I was a minor and now I want to claim my PR card back after completing my undergraduate studies. So what should I do?
The sooner you make the PR Travel Document application (explaining your situation as H&C reasons for allowing you to retain PR status despite the failure to comply with the PR Residency Obligations) the better chance you have of a favourable outcome.

You may need to make some hard decisions about continuing undergraduate studies abroad versus making the move to return to Canada soon enough to have a chance of keeping your PR status.