+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved Positive LMO ..next steps

krisjeez4

Nov 14, 2013
HI Folks..

I am currently working in Nova scotia..i have applied for LMO last month with the help of my employer in Mid may and received positive LMO yesterday... can some one please tell me what are the next steps to proceed..

krisjeez4

Nov 14, 2013
Bump.. please guys...if you have any information on LMO named /un-named LMO thing pease let me know...

ON my LMO it says :

The foreign worker requires a copy of this LMO and Annex A to apply to citizenship and immigration canada (CIC) for their work permit and /or permanent resident visa and must apply prior to the LMO expiry date stated in the annexes.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
krisjeez4 said:
Bump.. please guys...if you have any information on LMO named /un-named LMO thing pease let me know...

ON my LMO it says :

The foreign worker requires a copy of this LMO and Annex A to apply to citizenship and immigration canada (CIC) for their work permit and /or permanent resident visa and must apply prior to the LMO expiry date stated in the annexes.
If it is named LMO on the Annex A it will show your name, position, hourly wage etc. This LMO is needed for your work permit application. Check the CIC website for the forms and requirements for your work permit application.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the LMO and if it has your name on it then you're ready to proceed with work permit application, online (faster) or by snail mail. If your LMO is unnamed its called Open LMO and your employer has to submit it with your name on it and wait for it , it takes weeks.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
If the LMO is named but the employee is no longer available to come, can the name be changed on it or does the employer have to do the whole process again?

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello,

If u dnt mind me asking about the postive lmo tht u got, i am wondering under which category did u apply for lmo.
Evn the esdc is not explaining me prperly abt motorium!! I am international student n i am wrking as retail sales supervisor, the prob here is my wp is expiring nxt month n my employer agreed to apply for LMO for my postision but prob here is "evrybody is saying the motorium is affected to food sector only" but if u see in motorium NOC 2006, retail trade superviosr "6211" also come under tht!!! I dnt knw if my lmo vl be positive or vl be on hold. Does it makes any difference for me bec i am on my open work permit n i am not TWF

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
beholder69 said:
If the LMO is named but the employee is no longer available to come, can the name be changed on it or does the employer have to do the whole process again?
Employer just need to call HRDC to change the named employee on the LMO

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
sujani said:
Hello,

If u dnt mind me asking about the postive lmo tht u got, i am wondering under which category did u apply for lmo.
Evn the esdc is not explaining me prperly abt motorium!! I am international student n i am wrking as retail sales supervisor, the prob here is my wp is expiring nxt month n my employer agreed to apply for LMO for my postision but prob here is "evrybody is saying the motorium is affected to food sector only" but if u see in motorium NOC 2006, retail trade superviosr "6211" also come under tht!!! I dnt knw if my lmo vl be positive or vl be on hold. Does it makes any difference for me bec i am on my open work permit n i am not TWF
If you have open work permit then you dont need an LMO just apply for the extension of your open work permit but i think you need to attached on the application the LMO you had before if you still have it.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for ur time, i got this job on my OWP and this wrk permit is expiring nxt month 16july 2014. My employer said he would try to give me a preapproved lmo, but my questiob here is " vl i be affected bec of this motorium as my occupation is retail sales supervisor and it falls under noc 2006 and is my case is exceptional?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
sujani said:
Thanks for ur time, i got this job on my OWP and this wrk permit is expiring nxt month 16july 2014. My employer said he would try to give me a preapproved lmo, but my questiob here is " vl i be affected bec of this motorium as my occupation is retail sales supervisor and it falls under noc 2006 and is my case is exceptional?
I cannot answer if you are affected or not but if i were you i will apply now for the extension of my open work permit regardless of the moratorium. You don't want to be out of status.