+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved Medicals means getting PR under CEC?

pathfinder

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
My application was recieved by CIC Buffalo on May 27/11.Got my medical done on September 27/11 after getting the letter from immigration. DMP sent the medical results to Ottawa on October 5/11 and it was recieved at Ottawa same day. Can any one let me know about the chances of getting the PR.

A

archerkoller

50 - 50. If everything is OK with your medical records and with your back ground check.. and if you meet the requirement you should get your PPR soon. :)

Sep 27, 2011
The visa officer send you medical request after assessing your application. He wouldn't request that if u don't qualify under the CEC program. Then if all the medical results r good you will pass to next step wish's security/background check, if u have no issues then u will get ur passport request. That will be last step for your PR. I hope everything goes right for u! Good luck :)

Sep 27, 2011
The six steps of Canadian Immigration - Canadian Experience Class

Find out if you qualify If you are still in Canada, your application must be sent to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, USA. If you are no longer in Canada, your application must be sent to the Canadian Immigration Visa Office that is responsible for handling applications from your home country.

1. Your application is received by the Canadian Immigration Visa Office that is responsible for processing your application, and checked for completeness.
Your application must contain the following:

Correctly completed signed forms;
Identity and civil status documents;
Documents proving your education and/or work experience in Canada;
Proof of language proficiency in the form of language test results;
Police clearance certificates; and
Government processing fees.

If the application is complete, you will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt from the Canadian Immigration Visa Office.
Incomplete applications are returned.

2. Your application is assessed by a Canadian Immigration Visa Officer.
Your application is carefully analyzed by a Canadian Immigration Visa Officer to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the Canadian Experience Class category. The documents supporting your application are carefully reviewed to ensure that your time spent in Canada meets the requirements set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for qualifying Canadian experience.

3. A personal interview is sometimes required.
A personal interview is sometimes required. You may be called for an interview so that the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer can:
Verify business qualifications and/or source of net worth;
Verify work experience and/or education;
Clear up inconsistent information and/or documentation;
Ensure that information and/or documents are truthful and accurate;
Ensure quality control;
Assure the security of Canadians.

4. Medical Instructions are issued.
Upon assessment of your application by the Canadian Immigration Visa Office, medical instructions will be forwarded to you. You and your accompanying family members, if applicable, are required to undergo a medical examination by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

5. Your passport is requested and the Right of Permanent Residence fee is due.
After the medical results have been received by the Canadian Immigration Visa Office, they will request the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) payment and your passport for the purpose of issuing a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa.

6. Your Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa is issued.
Your Canada Immigration Visa will have an expiry date, by which time you and your accompanying family members must enter Canada, or “land.”

kvisa

Oct 5, 2011
pathfinder said:
My application was recieved by CIC Buffalo on May 27/11.Got my medical done on September 27/11 after getting the letter from immigration. DMP sent the medical results to Ottawa on October 5/11 and it was recieved at Ottawa same day. Can any one let me know about the chances of getting the PR.
Before the step of passport requested by Immigration Office, the decision is still under open status. Good luck with your application!! 8)

pathfinder

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Thank You everyone for the reply. I recieved email asking me to Submit RCMP finger prints which I did electronically. Than I recieved medical request and AOR even before I had posted my fingerprint results to immigration. Status on Ecas still shows application recieved.

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
canadian police clearence is not required for CEC.........!!!

betanorth

Mar 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Police Clearance is some times requested by CIC. I got a letter from Buffalo requesting it along with the RPRF, and remember reading in a different forum that the same day I got that request a bunch of people had gotten it as well.

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
is it for CEC...... ???

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if clearance is required or not you should send it for avoiding any kind of delay.

pathfinder

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I did send the police clearence along with an application. Once fingerprints were requested I sent them as well. It only takes 4 to 5 days to get the fingerprint report from RCMP if done electronically.